8/23 PSL Rally

DaveJensFan

What about the average income family that sits in those premium seats? The family that has had their tickets for over 35 years? Basically its okay to screw the people in those sections and in the mezz. sections, as long as you don't get screwed?

Thank you. I just read that and was shaking my head. I sit in the mezz. I have gone for 20 years and never miss a game.

Not sure why I should pay more, so others don't pay at all. That makes no sense to me.

My father was a NY Titans fan and got his season tickets the first year they offered them. Once he passed, the tickets became mine. I grew up in Giants Stadium watching the Jets and I do not want to give up my tickets. I sit in the mezz too and will be very pissed if i have to give them up. The corporations should pay the PSL and the fans should not have to pay or pay the least of anyone.

As much as the rally sounds like a good idea would this not fall in the case of too little too late?

They haven`t set the payment amounts yet for the JETS or interest rates or amount of time we are going to have to pay this off yet ,it is possible they may here something that they are willing to compromise too....One thing is for sure ,SAY NOTHING, DO-NOTHING & NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

They haven`t set the payment amounts yet for the JETS or interest rates or amount of time we are going to have to pay this off yet ,it is possible they may here something that they are willing to compromise too....One thing is for sure ,SAY NOTHING, DO-NOTHING & NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Compromise????????? LOL I do fully support your efforts.But the NYJETS organization and the Meadowlands has already decided on the price and the plan.It will either be a take it or leave it decision.The NFL is a business players and fans included.

Welfare for football fans?

Tax dollars should be used for essential government services. Stadium should be fully funded by ticket sales, paid by those who are willing to pay the price, be it a private person or a corporation, not by tax dollars.

Buying tickets to a football game should not be tax deducible, tickets to the movies aren't, nor tickets to Disney world.

Rent control for residential apartments although it has flaws and stymies are basic capitalistic principles has a social purpose. Rent control for football seats has no purpose other than subsidize entertainment at taxpayer expense.

My father was a NY Titans fan and got his season tickets the first year they offered them. Once he passed, the tickets became mine. I grew up in Giants Stadium watching the Jets and I do not want to give up my tickets. I sit in the mezz too and will be very pissed if i have to give them up. The corporations should pay the PSL and the fans should not have to pay or pay the least of anyone.

That is all well and good. But your plan doesn't accomplish that. The corporations buy the best seats, um, okay and they pay the PSL. But now I get bumped because I was in the corner of the end zone? There won't be any free seats waiting for me in the upper deck. I would gladly move if there were.

I want to support you man, but I question how well thought out some of this is. And as has been mentioned in this thread, this is all happening too late. The Jets know what they are charging, the Giants have already told everyone how much.

We have been ripping Woody over this for years, so believe me when I say we would like to back it. I honestly don't see the point.

I think a screw you Woody Johnson rally would have been a better option. Although the permit would have been harder to obtain.

:)

Thank you. I just read that and was shaking my head. I sit in the mezz. I have gone for 20 years and never miss a game.

Not sure why I should pay more, so others don't pay at all. That makes no sense to me.

If someone is going to be aganist the "PSL" they can't have a ralley aganist the PSL and than give a solution to charge a certain amount of fans ridiculous amounts of money while the other half have nothing to pay at all.

How about I sit in Section 110 and in addition to the $20k PSL because I am behind the Jet bench, I have to pay $700 a ticket, while people who have the same exact seat as me on the opposite side pay $150 a ticket??

If someone is going to be aganist the "PSL" they can't have a ralley aganist the PSL and than give a solution to charge a certain amount of fans ridiculous amounts of money while the other half have nothing to pay at all.

How about I sit in Section 110 and in addition to the $20k PSL because I am behind the Jet bench, I have to pay $700 a ticket, while people who have the same exact seat as me on the opposite side pay $150 a ticket??

I propose that anyone who runs a Jets fan site gets in for free.

People who run a blog only, they pay no PSL, but they have to pay the ticket price plus parking.

Anyone who posts on this Jets site pays a minimal PSL and ticket price.

All other fans pay a crazy PSL and ticket price.

Who's with me????

:)

buying football tickets at a price acceptable to you is not a right guarunteed by the constitution... or the bible... or any other document.

it's a luxury good. if you can't afford said luxury good that's a shame but it's not like someone's denying you the opportunity to buy bread and milk.

why not complain that Broadway tickets are going up - or the Met Opera. oh no Hairspray is now 150 dollars a ticket! How can I afford to go to Tosca?

buying football tickets at a price acceptable to you is not a right guarunteed by the constitution... or the bible... or any other document.

it's a luxury good. if you can't afford said luxury good that's a shame but it's not like someone's denying you the opportunity to buy bread and milk.

why not complain that Broadway tickets are going up - or the Met Opera. oh no Hairspray is now 150 dollars a ticket! How can I afford to go to Tosca?

You sound like the Mad Dog. I think the type of person/class that pays to go to Jets games is just a little different than the type or class of a person that enjoys Broadway or the Opera. While fans complian about raising ticket prices $4-5 every year, most pay the difference anyway. Putting a price on the right to by the actual ticket of $20,000 on top of raising the price per ticket 600% is a little ridiculous.

You sound like the Mad Dog. I think the type of person/class that pays to go to Jets games is just a little different than the type or class of a person that enjoys Broadway or the Opera. While fans complian about raising ticket prices $4-5 every year, most pay the difference anyway. Putting a price on the right to by the actual ticket of $20,000 on top of raising the price per ticket 600% is a little ridiculous.

maybe mad dog sounds like me ;)

by the way the person who goes to Jets games is (for practical purposes) NOT any different than the person who goes to the Opera. Yes they have different sensibilities but at the end of the day it's entertainment and you are paying top dollar in the greatest city in America for the privledge. There are people who buy season tickets to the Opera and feel like they can't miss a performance - those people are alot rarer than Jets season ticket holders but they aren't really that different.

By the way that last line is a fiction - prices on the very best seats in the house might go up 600% they might have a 20k PSLs but they won't have both

and remember it's not a price raise for the same product - it's a whole different product. if there was no new stadium there'd be no Brett Farve plus all the other FA.

by the way the person who goes to Jets games is (for practical purposes) NOT any different than the person who goes to the Opera. Yes they have different sensibilities but at the end of the day it's entertainment and you are paying top dollar in the greatest city in America for the privledge. There are people who buy season tickets to the Opera and feel like they can't miss a performance - those people are alot rarer than Jets season ticket holders but they aren't really that different.

By the way that last line is a fiction - prices on the very best seats in the house might go up 600% they might have a 20k PSLs but they won't have both

and remember it's not a price raise for the same product - it's a whole different product. if there was no new stadium there'd be no Brett Farve plus all the other FA.

600% is a bit much. But my seats are listed on the Giants site as being sold for a face value of $400 after a $7,000 PSL. Right now my seats cost $115.

EDIT -- I just checked this again http://nyg2010.com/ and I can't tell where my seats fall. I am in the end zone but check out that link the difference between mezz and mezz club b is HUGE.

$120 face and a $4,000 PSL is a bit different. With my luck the guy to the left of me will have the $120 seats and I will pay $400. Very curious to see where it falls though because it looks close, at least the way the Giants have it broken down.

^^^ and just like there are people who would enjoy going to a football game live, but watch it on tv instead because they can not afford tickets, there are plenty of people who love opera or a broadway show put can not go because of the cost and get stuck watching pbs instead.

Whatever. If you really want to watch anything, just ask Belicheat. He has a massive video collection.

According to the Giants plan fans in sections behind home team bench are $20,000 PSL and $700 game ticket.

http://www.nyg2010.com/ 110 is Coaches Club

I believe my ticket now is $115-$120, $580 increase per ticket.

I applaud the guy for trying but just do not think it will accomplish much or get too much attention. This is more reactionary.. all of the fans knew this was coming and should have done things earlier. I would be curious to see the attendance..I am sure many fans will rather tailgate than attend

How did the rally go did Woody Johnson show up and blow some more smoke up all your asses...............PSL PSL PSL PERSONAL SEAT LICENSE the new cheer.

LOL someone who was there actually said, "Woody didn't show up". Too funny.

Archived