PSL Info To Be Sent This Week

Maxman

Jet personal seat licenses on way this week for fans

BY GARY MYERS

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 1:39 AM

The bad but expected news is coming to Jets season-ticket holders this week: Jets owner Woody Johnson told the Daily News Saturday that the pricing plan for the team's personal seat licenses for the new stadium they are sharing with the Giants will be announced in the next few days.

"We're still working on the final presentation," Johnson said. "The fans will get the information."

Johnson would not reveal the Jets' PSL prices. The Giants earlier this summer announced their one-time PSL charge that ranges from $1,000 to $20,000 per seat.

The Jets can only hope the acquisition of Brett Favre softens the PSL sticker shock, although he is likely to be retired when the new stadium opens in 2010.

After finishing 4 and 12 the Jets:

• Signed Calvin Pace
  • Signed Alan Faneca
  • Signed D Woody
  • Signed Tony Richardson
  • Drafted Dustin Keller
  • Drafted Vernon Gholston
  • (I am sure I left some off-season signing out but you get the point)
  • Win the Brett Favre sweepstakes
  • Bring back the best Special Teams coach in the business - Mike Westhoff

It is like a dream for Jets fans. Seriously sitting there last night it felt like a dream.

Time to wake up -- the PSL info is in the mail. Will the dream continue and the PSL costs be realistic? Or will the dream end and see many of us giving up our seats?

Time will tell....someone wake me soon.

I may not be out of luck. The company who owns the six seats in 124 is considering buying the six seats for $30,000 and then either selling them to me (and letting me pay back over an extended period of time) or just having me just pay for the ticket prices, face value. My dads friend is the owner of the company, he's a great guy so I may not get screwed. Hopefully they're no more than 5G's in 124.

I may not be out of luck. The company who owns the six seats in 124 is considering buying the six seats for $30,000 and then either selling them to me (and letting me pay back over an extended period of time) or just having me just pay for the ticket prices, face value. My dads friend is the owner of the company, he's a great guy so I may not get screwed. Hopefully they're no more than 5G's in 124.

The Giants site lists my seats as being $4000 PSL and $120 face. I would consider that but I think the Jets will do more.

Just need to get this info already so we know and the speculation can end.

After finishing 4 and 12 the Jets:

• Signed Calvin Pace
  • Signed Alan Faneca
  • Signed D Woody
  • Signed Tony Richardson
  • Drafted Dustin Keller
  • Drafted Vernon Gholston
  • (I am sure I left some off-season signing out but you get the point)
  • Win the Brett Favre sweepstakes
  • Bring back the best Special Teams coach in the business - Mike Westhoff

It is like a dream for Jets fans. Seriously sitting there last night it felt like a dream.

Time to wake up -- the PSL info is in the mail. Will the dream continue and the PSL costs be realistic? Or will the dream end and see many of us giving up our seats?

Time will tell....someone wake me soon.

Missing the big man Kris Jenkins the key to our defense.....PSL are the back bone for Woody's spending spree. Its hard to charge more then the Super Bowl champs coming off a 4-12 season hence the 2008 off season for the Jets.

Missing the big man Kris Jenkins the key to our defense.....PSL are the back bone for Woody's spending spree. Its hard to charge more then the Super Bowl champs coming off a 4-12 season hence the 2008 off season for the Jets.

Thanks, I knew I left someone out. (I did pick him as the most valuable addition when camp started). I think he could have the biggest impact.

Consider me a casualty to the PSL.I gave up my season tickets this year knowing the PSL fee was looming. I weighed all my options even offered 1/2 season packages to friends,relatives you name it.No takers all scared off by the PSL.

The PSL fees will end the common mans day at the Stadium.........RIP read my signature.

You are in a great position. Just sell the new car that the old man just paid for and voila!, you have tha cash for one seat. Problem solved.

If the Jets charge more than the Giants they can go F themselves.. Favre or not

They can never do that. Brett will no longer be on the team by 2010 anyway... My gut is Woody is praaayyying that we win a SB in the next two years so he will at least be able to sell the corporate seats.

As of now, both the Jets and Giants are pricing out a large portion of their season ticket holders with the PSL, but the corporations/businesses that can afford to pay for them would much rather pay the same price to the defending SB champs.

Archived