Herm Edwards Q&A 9/1 [For our beloved rival Patriots posters]

BP

EDWARDS: Everyone has high expectations, most teams do.

So, which is it? Everyone or most? Dumbass.

Q: Can you go over some of your injured guys and what their status might be?

EDWARDS: “I’m not going to talk about it because I don’t have to. Today’s Monday. I’m not going to give anybody any ammunition.”

You guys got to realize that I’ve got a job to do. You’ve got a job to do. I’ve got to protect this football team and I’m not going to give information out that I don’t have to give. It’s not fair.”

Is Herm finally learning to keep his mouth shut???

Q: We heard at the kickoff luncheon references to 8-8 and next year, but you came out and said we’re here to win now. Can you talk about that mindset and do you have to talk to your team about that?

EDWARDS: “I think sometimes we lose sight of what this thing’s all about and all the hours and things you go through to prepare yourself for the season. You’re not preparing yourself to just play. You’re trying to prepare your team to win. You have 16 opportunities and I think every time you play that’s got to be your mindset. That’s always been my mindset as a player and coach ever since I’ve been in this league. Every time you compete you’re trying to win whether it’s marbles, cars, whatever you do, golf.

“When you’re in a competitive environment you try to win. That’s what it’s about: about competing and it never changes. I was taught that growing up. You try to outdo the other guy or the other team. I don’t think you can look at it another way. When you do you take the joy out of competition.”

Hello! You play to win the game....

Marbles? Cars? Huh? He couldnt think of anything else?

As much as I make fun of Herm speak I cant wrap my head around this:

Is Herm conceding defeat already?

Herm is doing what Herm does best...he is letting everyone know the difficult circumstances under which he works every day. His players are so young and un-prepared they could not possibly get on the plane without him. For Herm he understands their needs and accepts this challenge but just in case one of the players misses the plane we now know it wasn't his fault...they are just puppies...it should be funny but the memories are painful.

Archived