I am not in the mood

hellcat

for Bob Sutton and his notorious slow damn starts. Mangini better take the 'D' reigns early if it looks ugly. We NEED this win tomorrow. With their run game this could be a bad weekend for us if Sutton lives up to his rep. Show us something Bob. Prove me wrong......

i agree with you completely. it surprised me when he wasn't handed his walking papers after last season and it really pissed me off that neither of the ryan brothers could be contracted. but i guess, failing that, tangini decided to see what sutton can get done with "the right fitting pieces" for this D, though i'm not nearly as optimistic in his ability as a DC as you are (which, for the record, seems minimal at best). maybe we can snag wade phillips when jerry jones promotes jason garrett after the romo takes the 'boys outta the superbowl yet again. he did some good things with the SD 3-4, but at this point anyone would be an upgrade.

Being that we are usually a BAD defense until the after the bye week, I am glad that are bye is so early this year. Is this a bad way to think?

not at all. i'm sure that same thought has occurred to many of the fans and maybe even some on the team and/or CS. i'm sure the media will bring it up if we should happen to struggle defensively early on. and that's entirely possible with the way the schedule starts out. i'm pretty sure sutton is gone after this season regardless. he should be. he would be this year if oakland didn't retain rob ryan. but a week 5 bye is a very good thing this year.

I was very impressed with the way he played the 1st team defense against the Giants 1st team offense in the pre-season game. I still have serious doubts about him and have to see more, but that was a good sign.

Maybe, just maybe, he needed the right parts to call the 3-4 effectively. The parts seem to be there now.

We will see. Especially week 2.

I wanted Sutton out after last year.

Mangini, too, I suspect. Weren't the Jets close to landing Rob(?) Ryan from the Raiders over the offseason?

The dee has looked better every year after the bye under Mangini. The good news is that the bye comes early this year. You really gotta think they can beat Miami before they need to go to the coaching bullpen, though.

Mangini, too, I suspect. Weren't the Jets close to landing Rob(?) Ryan from the Raiders over the offseason?

The dee has looked better every year after the bye under Mangini. The good news is that the bye comes early this year. You really gotta think they can beat Miami before they need to go to the coaching bullpen, though.

yea slats that's the one deal we didn't make happen that I wish we could have-friggin Al Davis will do whatever he can to screw the Jets up-he still holds a grudge from the 68 season

Now that Westoff is back, O'dea has nothing to do. Maybe he can coach our 'd'. He cant be any worse than Sutton has been. LOL.....Honestly though, I have been talking smack on finheaven.com and I don't want to look foolish come late tomorrow afternoon. I am honestly looking forward to Jets post game live on SNY after a victory tomorrow to hear Schein eat his words.

Now that Westoff is back, O'dea has nothing to do. Maybe he can coach our 'd'. He cant be any worse than Sutton has been. LOL.....Honestly though, I have been talking smack on finheaven.com and I don't want to look foolish come late tomorrow afternoon. I am honestly looking forward to Jets post game live on SNY after a victory tomorrow to hear Schein eat his words.

why did that little Bills fan twerp predict the Dolphins to win or something? He wouldn't would he?

Oh Yeah.....I saw Schein on loudmouths with Chris Carlin. Carlin predicted a Jets blowout and Schein chimed in with his condecending self screaming UPSET SPECIAL 17-16 Dolphins....Carlin told him he's nuts. I assume schein made the same prediction on his Sirius show, but I didn't hear it. Screw Schein...

Oh Yeah.....I saw Schein on loudmouths with Chris Carlin. Carlin predicted a Jets blowout and Schein chimed in with his condecending self screaming UPSET SPECIAL 17-16 Dolphins....Carlin told him he's nuts. I assume schein made the same prediction on his Sirius show, but I didn't hear it.

he's LOOKING to get his ass kicked from Ray one of these weeks isn't he....

Archived