Sutton at it again!!

Green DNA

The guy had basically played 3 quarters of pre-season football with the Jets prior to yesterday's game. Give the guy a break, tll of the QB's above are all familiar and comfortable with their team's offense. We can reasonably expect the Jets offensive output to increase steadily over time as Favre finds his comfort zone.

And how much did Chad Pennington play? Yet noodle arm outperformed Favre, and old noodle arm was working with less on offense against a better defense.

Besides, saying he will get better over time is the same thing as saying he needs to step up. Either way, you're saying that he must perform better as the season goes on.

That means you aren't celebrating the performance just turned in. I guarantee you Favre and Mangini are unhappy.

You guys do realize it was about 100 degrees on the field and humid as hell right? With our 3 and out the D was just plain gassed. The DL was hardly even trying to rush they were so tired. You don't think that maybe, just maybe the secondary was a little winded and having a hard time keeping up?

You guys do realize it was about 100 degrees on the field and humid as hell right? With our 3 and out the D was just plain gassed. The DL was hardly even trying to rush they were so tired. You don't think that maybe, just maybe the secondary was a little winded and having a hard time keeping up?

I think this man has nailed it.

And how much did Chad Pennington play? Yet noodle arm outperformed Favre, and old noodle arm was working with less on offense against a better defense.

Besides, saying he will get better over time is the same thing as saying he needs to step up. Either way, you're saying that he must perform better as the season goes on.

That means you aren't celebrating the performance just turned in. I guarantee you Favre and Mangini are unhappy.

Old noodle arm did nothing for 3 quarters (ok 1 drive with TD) and then did the usual "all time completion %" thing against a prevent defense. The team that is behind usually does throw the ball a lot more and racks up the yardage (even though the total was like 275 yards). I never said I was celebrating the performance that Favre turned in and I am hoping for more as he gets more comfortable. I do understand however that he needs time to get comfortable and do not expect him to be superman the second he steps on the field.

Old noodle arm did nothing for 3 quarters (ok 1 drive with TD) and then did the usual "all time completion %" thing against a prevent defense. The team that is behind usually does throw the ball a lot more and racks up the yardage (even though the total was like 275 yards). I never said I was celebrating the performance that Favre turned in and I am hoping for more as he gets more comfortable. I do understand however that he needs time to get comfortable and do not expect him to be superman the second he steps on the field.

We ran the worst prevent defense of all time. He scored in like 3 minutes on that TD drive, and then within about 4 minutes was able to throw into the endzone at the end of the game. If you can be in position for 2 TDs in 7 minutes, that's not really the usual dink and dunk.

We screwed up on offense. Good teams put those types of games away, but we went super conservative and got nothing done when it mattered. We are lucky to win that game. I'm not high on either Favre or TJ, although I do think Favre will get better as the season progresses. I think you misunderstood me, when I say Favre needs to step it up, I don't mean I don't think he can or isn't going to, just he needs to perform better.

What happened to the rotation that keeps everyone semi fresh? It's not like the same 3 guys on the DL were out there for the 4th quarter.

I hate to spoil the fun but Sutton had the Jets just sitting back letting Pennington complete pass after pass on those last two drives and thank goodness Revis and Lowery saved the day. Pennington needed to be knocked on his ass or hurried like he had been for most of the game. That effin nimrod almost cost us the friggin game.

Suton has aboss. The HC is responsible; not the coordinator. If Masngini wanted different strategy used, it would have happened! It is easy to blame the fall guy but I'd rather blame the real culprit.

Suton has aboss. The HC is responsible; not the coordinator. If Masngini wanted different strategy used, it would have happened! It is easy to blame the fall guy but I'd rather blame the real culprit.

It's hard to argue with that, however it seems that the D has improved dramatically and has been more agressive following the bye week when mangini took over the defensive playcalling the past two years. I liked the way the defense looked yesterday, but they were very passive on the last 3 drives

It's hard to argue with that, however it seems that the D has improved dramatically and has been more agressive following the bye week when mangini took over the defensive playcalling the past two years. I liked the way the defense looked yesterday, but they were very passive on the last 3 drives

I hated the play calling on both OFFENSE and DEFENSE. mangini, IMO, is the responsible. Coordinators do what they are told to do. Look at the preseason game where he went for a tie. That bothered me. Yesterday also bothered me. Not allowing a pass when a first down would ice the game was really annoying. Mangini ought to wake up!

Archived