Sutton at it again!!

Green DNA

I hate to spoil the fun but Sutton had the Jets just sitting back letting Pennington complete pass after pass on those last two drives and thank goodness Revis and Lowery saved the day. Pennington needed to be knocked on his ass or hurried like he had been for most of the game. That effin nimrod almost cost us the friggin game.

I hate to spoil the fun but Sutton had the Jets just sitting back letting Pennington complete pass after pass on those last two drives and thank goodness Revis and Lowery saved the day. Pennington needed to be knocked on his ass or hurried like he had been for most of the game. That effin nimrod almost cost us the friggin game.

It seemed like Mangini was either calling the plays or at least chiming in though... thats the scary part...

sutton needs to go

right on dna

Actually I thought the defense wore down in the 4th quarter that is why no pass rash.

they were gassed on the final drive, no doubt, the quick 3 and out before that didn't help

mangini and sutton and shotty called a conservative game in general

Why we run on that 3rd and 7 play? That opened the eyes of Chad to get a game-winning drive.

It was better than passing and risking the INT, we were backed up in the end zone. Lars is right, they called a conservative game besides the 4 & 13 Stuckey play.

Actually I thought the defense wore down in the 4th quarter that is why no pass rash.

That was my thought too.I think the heat was finally starting to slow them down.You could see they just looked sluggish when the ball was snapped instead of firing off the line into the Miami backfield as they had been doing for most of the game.

(sorry mods for my future foul language)

I was ****ing screaming at the ****ing TV!! what the ****!! why would you let a guy that has lost so many games for your own ****ing jets in the 4th quarter BECAUSE other teams brought pressure!??!?!?

Has sutton ever been to a jets game? has he ever seen pennington practice? I have not gone to one damn practice and i personally know that penny ****s the ****ing bed any time you put a backer in his face!

fire sutton! piece of **** trying to lose to the damn dolphins.

(sorry mods for my future foul language)

I was ****ing screaming at the ****ing TV!! what the ****!! why would you let a guy that has lost so many games for your own ****ing jets in the 4th quarter BECAUSE other teams brought pressure!??!?!?

Has sutton ever been to a jets game? has he ever seen pennington practice? I have not gone to one damn practice and i personally know that penny ****s the ****ing bed any time you put a backer in his face!

fire sutton! piece of **** trying to lose to the damn dolphins.

i definitely agree. i'd like to see sutton go also. i'm also down on t. jones even with his 100 yards rushing.

2831972828_b18618c5f3_o.jpg

They had no choice, Nugent was hurt. Better sign another kicker soon. And I highly doubt Favre would've thrown an INT.

Exactly - you play to win, not play not to lose. You put the ball in Favre's hands, and then it's game over. As it was, you put the D back on the field after a quick 3 and out. Revis bailed us out. That was pure stupid play calling.

i definitely agree. i'd like to see sutton go also. i'm also down on t. jones even with his 100 yards rushing.

i hear ya. I'm not a jones fan and am looking forward to JChat getting back into the mix. He supplies that power running game that jones doesn't always do. There were a few times i know jones could have gotten three yards but did a dance and lost yardage. Other times he looked to get forward very well and looked like a good back.

I would prefer consistancy from the starter and the dancing crap for Leon.

The whole Coaching Staff seemed to take more of a laid back approach once they got ahead. I am not defending Sutton as he hasn't done much to earn confidence in his third year here but the whole staff choked on that game. You can never be content in an NFL game - until you're up by 20 with 2 minutes left maybe. That said, Lowery and Revis look like a hell of a combo for years to come. The Jets just need to keep the heat up in all phases regardless of the score - within reason of course. Wouldn't mind Sutton taking a hike though.

I don't know what you guys were watching, but they blitzed plenty. On the last drive they sent DColeman and Lowery at least once. Calvin Pace was coming on almost every play and when he wasn't another LB was. Sometimes the blitz doesn't get there.

You're right ... the problem I had was with the loose coverage moreso than the lack of blitzing. Then again, the blitzing may have explained that a bit. Need to watch the game again.

I don't know what you guys were watching, but they blitzed plenty. On the last drive they sent DColeman and Lowery at least once. Calvin Pace was coming on almost every play and when he wasn't another LB was. Sometimes the blitz doesn't get there.

The did blitz plenty yesterday, just not on the last 3 drives. They were in the prevent mode all the way and we can see how that worked out. The game turned into a nail biter when it should have been an easy victory. Rushing Pace on most plays is expected as he was basically lining up as a 4th D-lineman. The aggressive D that the Jets used for most of the game disappeared and the Jets of all teams should know that Chad crumbles and makes the big mistake under the heavy rush. Sitting back plays to his strength.

You're right ... the problem I had was with the loose coverage moreso than the lack of blitzing. Then again, the blitzing may have explained that a bit. Need to watch the game again.

exactly...we all know Chad lives on the short stuff so what do we do? We give it to him...The lb's were dropping back and giving everything short in the middle...I know they had no to's left but they still allowed guys to get out of bounds after the catch...very disturbing but hey...we held on

The Drew Coleman and Lowery blitzes I mentioned were in the last two or three drives. Wasn't Barton's penalty on one of the late drives? I just watched the last drive again. They had four down linemen on every play except one and on that one the rushed six. Six! They sent an extra rusher on about half the plays and if anything they did better when only rushing 4. I wouldn't want a team coached by a guy who played tight coverage up 13 with time running out when he should be playing loose to force catches inside and make sure tackles preferably in bounds.

I'm not a Sutton fan, but this was not a particularly close game. If Nugent wasn't hurt it would have been a nice little beating. They gave up 14 points. That's pretty good. This discussion reminds of Monday mornings last year hearing "we would have won if only..." If only the team were better.

exactly...we all know Chad lives on the short stuff so what do we do? We give it to him...The lb's were dropping back and giving everything short in the middle...I know they had no to's left but they still allowed guys to get out of bounds after the catch...very disturbing but hey...we held on

They did get the W - they're just gonna have to learn from that mistake. No more taking the foot off the gas pedal!

Talk about greed. Favre threw for 194 yards man. 15/22 with 2 TDs, 0 INT.

I expect more as well. The guy threw for 4000+ yards last season, and 30 TDs. A lucky prayer TD and less than 200 yards passing isn't what I wanted Favre for. Chad Pennington can deliver less than 200 yards passing. Oh wait, he did better than that.

Favre's gotta step up, no question about it. Did you see what Romo, McNabb and Brees were doing out there? I want to start seeing those types of performances out of the Jets offense. Even better if we can be like 75% of the Pats last year.

Why do so many of you celebrate mediocrity? Favre and Mangini I'm sure want better, so why don't you?

Sutton did a very good job until the the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

He switched to the prevent defense late in the game and we nearly lost because of it. Giving the other team an easy 7-10 yards on every play doesnt win football games. Enough of that sh#t. Thats chicken sh#t football.

Favre's gotta step up, no question about it. Did you see what Romo, McNabb and Brees were doing out there? I want to start seeing those types of performances out of the Jets offense. Even better if we can be like 75% of the Pats last year.

Why do so many of you celebrate mediocrity? Favre and Mangini I'm sure want better, so why don't you?

The guy had basically played 3 quarters of pre-season football with the Jets prior to yesterday's game. Give the guy a break, tll of the QB's above are all familiar and comfortable with their team's offense. We can reasonably expect the Jets offensive output to increase steadily over time as Favre finds his comfort zone.

Archived