Ten years ago today.... (not FB related)

gg

Jerry Garcia passed away.

HE is still missed. He was an amazing musician who was gone before his time.

Fare you well, my honey, fare you well my only true one.

All the birds that were singing are flown, except you alone.

Going to leave this brokedown palace,

On my hand and knees, I will roll, roll, roll.

Make myself a bed in the waterside,

In my time, I will roll, roll roll.

In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.

Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

River going to take me, sing sweet and sleepy,

Sing me sweet and sleepy all the way back home.

It

You never knew what you were in for going to a Dead show. When the band was on, it was a truly amazing experience. Other times it wasn't worth the effort. One thing's for sure, the surviving members miss him even more than us fans do. They're horrible without him.

RIP, JG.

You never knew what you were in for going to a Dead show. When the band was on, it was a truly amazing experience. Other times it wasn't worth the effort. One thing's for sure, the surviving members miss him even more than us fans do. They're horrible without him.

RIP, JG.

Yes T-Mac not one concert was the same as the next..I remember going to 5 shows during a 7 show run at MSG and it was a totally different show each night...not one song the same...

They are not the same without him... but they arent horrible ;) going to see Ratdog playing with Hornsby in a couple of weeks. T, you should give them another shot...especially Hornsby...he puts on a great show.

I actually have one of those ties, probably the only one I still own.

You know gg, I was never a fan of RH. There were rumors that he contributed to JG's demise by introducing him to heroin. His solo career was as annoying as Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins. He even made me miss Brent. You'd think that at least an outstanding musician like Phil could pull the band thru, but even with Warren Haynes around he's gotten lost. Nope, I'm done with the Dead. No more chances. Can't even listen to the old stuff anymore.

I actually have one of those ties, probably the only one I still own.

You know gg, I was never a fan of RH. There were rumors that he contributed to JG's demise by introducing him to heroin. His solo career was as annoying as Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins. He even made me miss Brent. You'd think that at least an outstanding musician like Phil could pull the band thru, but even with Warren Haynes around he's gotten lost. Nope, I'm done with the Dead. No more chances. Can't even listen to the old stuff anymore.

Sorry Tmac... hadnt heard that about RH. :( i know that you love good music and i hope one day you find yourself back to the music of the dead, but if not i understand... I love Warren but i do believe he is more suited with the Allmans.. although i still miss Dickey with them...although Derek Trucks is amazing... I like Warrens vocals with the allmans also.. ok as you know i can go on and on so i will stop now :lol:

what a bunch of meanies goofing of garcia. whats to goof on? a great person and yes a great musician and awsome songwriter

heres a scoop for ya:

i used to drive a cab in nassau. got a call to pick up underneath the nassau colusseum. the dead were playing, so i was shaking. i pulled in and a guy told me to wait. i parked the car and started wandering around. nobody was bugging me. i could hear drums and space going on. this one door, it was really loud. i cracked it open and about 100 feet ahead of me was mickey hart doing his stuff. COOL. i wound up driving one of jerry's ahem, girlfriends back to NYC. she had a head ache. nice chick.

Archived