A Word on the Patriots

DMaynard

With all of the fighting we do with the Patsie trolls, I feel compelled to give an honest assessment of the Patriots. Not sucking up, as this will be my only post about them that is not hostile. :) Just being honest.

First, let's dispell three myths:

1. Brady is a system QB and not all that great

2. Bellichick's glory is all due to Brady

3. The Patriots will be a mediocre or even bad team without Brady

1. Brady is a great QB. Period. I don't care what the Pats did yesterday or will do the rest of the season for me to change my mind about that.

2. As much as I hate him, and was hoping this was true, I suspected it was not. Yesterday showed it. He completely outcoached the Jets and had an inexperienced backup QB ready to play.

3. I know the Patriots still have a great defense, a great o-line and receivers. Good RBs and great special teams. This is the same team that went 18-1 last year (minus Brady). And the QB position is very important. And as I already stated, Brady is a tough act to follow. So, assuming Cassell's inexperience would be a big liability, I felt the Jets would win yesterady. The fact is, Cassell is good. Is he Tom Brady? No. He does not have the arm. But he can be a real good one. If you think the Jets defense made him look good, you will lose a lot of money betting against the Pats the rest of this year. Another thing I learned yesterday is the Pats secondary is not that bad. I assumed that losing Samuel and Gay, and Harrison being a year older, they would be downright terrible. Again, you have to give credit to Belichick. It seems he can take anyone and make a good DB out of them.

I see the Patriots winning around 11 games this year. Who knows how good the Bills really are. The Jets have their work cut out for them. Mr. T gave them the tools. It is up to Mangini to get it done.

GOD, that was painful. Now, F the Pats and GO JETS!!!!

so our defense can finally stop the run and we get screened to death. A lg % of passing yardage came on the same crappy flanker screens to Welker...can't we scheme to take that damn play away. Not sold on Cassel, but am sold on Bob Sutton..HE SHOULD BE SOLD but we couldn't get much for him Im sure

so our defense can finally stop the run and we get screened to death. A lg % of passing yardage came on the same crappy flanker screens to Welker...can't we scheme to take that damn play away. Not sold on Cassel, but am sold on Bob Sutton..HE SHOULD BE SOLD but we couldn't get much for him Im sure

Especially screen passes to Faulk. GOD in heaven, this guy is slower than Namath and he always kills us on those short pass and runs.

Archived