Very average WR available? Cap cut...

R44

The Giants are saying goodbye to a longtime starter.

FOXSports.com has learned the Giants have informed starting wide receiver Ike Hilliard that he will be released. Hilliard was recently approached by the club regarding a pay cut, which he refused.

Hilliard was a first-round pick of the Giants in 1997, the first year of Jim Fassel's tenure. During his eight-year career, Hilliard has 368 receptions for 4,630 yards and 27 touchdowns. He had his best season in 1999 when he hauled in 72 passes for 996 yards. In 2000, he caught eight touchdown passes.

Hilliard was one of the more popular players inside the locker room, but the team was down on the receivers after the starters failed to score a single touchdown in 2004.

There should be a decent market for Hilliard to latch on as a team's second or third wideout.

This cat should be arrested for either stealing money from the Giants for almost a decade or impersonating a NFL WR.

Note to TS, Giants expert, we might use your reply at the draft site :twisted:

P.S: Glazer is an Giants A$$ kisser--no team would let this player start...no decent team would.

I've met Ike two times (at training camps)

he went out of his way to ask people for a perminent marker so he could sign my football card of his after we realised the pen I had wasn't going to stay on the card

real nice guy, pretty classy, I was always dissapointed to see him get injured while healthy Amani Toomer would walk to the other side of the street to avoid signing autographs :x

This cat should be arrested for either stealing money from the Giants for almost a decade or impersonating a NFL WR.

Note to TS, Giants expert, we might use your reply at the draft site :twisted:

P.S: Glazer is an Giants A$$ kisser--no team would let this player start...no decent team would.

Hilliard was an embarrassment at the eighth overall selection. He's a tough little receiver with poor top-end speed, but exceptional short-area quickness and solid hands. He's been dinged up the last two seasons and seems to be breaking down. He clashed with both Fassel and Tom Coughlin, has an attitude and was one of the many Giant cancers in that locker room. Any team that signs Hilliard should do it only at the vet minimun and even then to only use him as a third wideout, as his injuries have made him unreliable. Buyer beware on this guy.

A note on the Giants receivers. The Giants will also look to throw Amani Toomer through the first plate-glass window they can find. Him and Hilliard have both quit on their team two seasons in a row now. Last season, as soon as Kurt Warner was benched in favor of Eli Manning, Toomer stopped playing football altogether. It was not an aberration that Eli's best games were when Toomer and Hilliard were out with injuries, as back-ups Jamaar Taylor, David Tyree and Willie Ponder, playing HARD, combined with Shockey to give Eli some targets he could actually throw it to and have it caught. Many of Eli's interceptions last season were the direct result of Hilliard and Toomer cutting off routes and not competing for the ball with DB's. It was a pathetic display, and the Giants organization, as inept as it is, should sue them for their '03 and '04 paychecks back.

I've met Ike two times (at training camps)

he went out of his way to ask people for a perminent marker so he could sign my football card of his after we realised the pen I had wasn't going to stay on the card

real nice guy, pretty classy, I was always dissapointed to see him get injured while healthy Amani Toomer would walk to the other side of the street to avoid signing autographs :x

What's with the Zodiac avatar, blackout?

I couldn't get my Richard Ramirez one to work.

Archived