LAMONT TO BE ON NFL TOTAL ACCESS

spjets

I saw the entire interview. He seemed tired. Said some really nice things about The Jets, their fans, Herm and Martin.

I think Lamont is going to have a great season. He picked the right team. Raiders offense could be very scary. We have to play them next season. That's going to be strange.

I'm interested to see how durable Jordan can be carrying the 400 carry load. He had a great teacher in Curtis Martin. He will do really well there.

Do we all really think that Jordan will be the #1 RB, clear and deliniated, with the Raiders??

In recent years, they have been famous for running two or three guys out there, with no clear cut #1.

And, odd as it is, I heard Sean Salibury-Steak say that the Raiders were moving to aquire Rickey Williams (who has stated he will only return to the NFL as a Raider) too.

It's still possible, albeit unlikley, that poor old Lamont could wind up the clear cut, no question NUMBER TWO in Oakland too.

Do we all really think that Jordan will be the #1 RB, clear and deliniated, with the Raiders??

In recent years, they have been famous for running two or three guys out there, with no clear cut #1.

And, odd as it is, I heard Sean Salibury-Steak say that the Raiders were moving to aquire Rickey Williams (who has stated he will only return to the NFL as a Raider) too.

It's still possible, albeit unlikley, that poor old Lamont could wind up the clear cut, no question NUMBER TWO in Oakland too.

Norv Turner has historically been a one back coach. He has had a one thousand yard back all but 2 season of his NFL coaching career. He is also credited with the developement of E Smith, L Tomlinson, S Davis, and R Williams. All 1000 yards backs while he was there. I think it is safe to say Jordan will carry it 350+ as long as he stays healthy.

Lamont is a good player but he is a me-first player. Just like Coles, just like Randy Thomas, just like Chad Morton, James Farrior and the list goes on and on. I may be in the minority here but I (being the oldfashioned guy that I am) am a firm believer in loyalty and being a team player. When a player leaves the Jets for more money or a starting job or whatever the case may be, I tend to lose interest in him. How good or bad Lamont does from here on out is indifferent to me.

I hate to use the Patriots as an example but they have players, Teddy Bruschi just for an example, that turn down big money contracts to stay loyal to the team and that is exactly why they have been so dominant the last few seasons, because the players buy into the team-first concept and staying loyal to their organization. Until Woody, Bradway, Herm and company can get the players to buy into the team first concept instead of the me-first concept The Jets won't sniff a championship. Believe me, this is a very hard thing to admit as a diehard Jets fan but I believe it's the truth.

Lamont is a good player but he is a me-first player. Just like Coles, just like Randy Thomas, just like Chad Morton, James Farrior and the list goes on and on. I may be in the minority here but I (being the oldfashioned guy that I am) am a firm believer in loyalty and being a team player. When a player leaves the Jets for more money or a starting job or whatever the case may be, I tend to lose interest in him. How good or bad Lamont does from here on out is indifferent to me.

I hate to use the Patriots as an example but they have players, Teddy Bruschi just for an example, that turn down big money contracts to stay loyal to the team and that is exactly why they have been so dominant the last few seasons, because the players buy into the team-first concept and staying loyal to their organization. Until Woody, Bradway, Herm and company can get the players to buy into the team first concept instead of the me-first concept The Jets won't sniff a championship. Believe me, this is a very hard thing to admit as a diehard Jets fan but I believe it's the truth.

Wow, after 2 years as a back-up, Jordan will finally get a chance to start and Arod writes a non-biased, intelligent post.

:wink:

The problem is the players stay loyal, but the team doesn't and quite frankly can't. it is evident with Troy Brown, who after all he did to help his team got cut. And possibly Bruschi, who took a substantial paycut to stay on with the Pats. Now if Teddy's career is over with his head thing, are the Pats gonna pay out his already cheapened contract? I doubt it. And in the long run for him and his family it would have been better to take the money looking in hindsight.

That is the nature of the beast in the NFL. ^The Pats are doing the right thing to keep their team competitive at a high level, but in their wake will be the remains of great loyal players that will suffer the consequence of following the "team first" concept.

The problem is the players stay loyal, but the team doesn't and quite frankly can't. it is evident with Troy Brown, who after all he did to help his team got cut. And possibly Bruschi, who took a substantial paycut to stay on with the Pats. Now if Teddy's career is over with his head thing, are the Pats gonna pay out his already cheapened contract? I doubt it. And in the long run for him and his family it would have been better to take the money looking in hindsight.

That is the nature of the beast in the NFL. ^The Pats are doing the right thing to keep their team competitive at a high level, but in their wake will be the remains of great loyal players that will suffer the consequence of following the "team first" concept.

Troy Brown I would have to say is the exxception not the rule. If you look at the core of the Patriots most of the key players are guys that have been there a long time and have either been willing to or actually have restructured their contracts to stay there.

Troy Brown I would have to say is the exception not the rule. If you look at the core of the Patriots most of the key players are guys that have been there a long time and have either been willing to or actually have restructured their contracts to stay there.

I am not sure how Lamont is a me player like Coles. The guy wanted to get on the playing field and all he had was broken promises from Herm. Yes he got big money but he is also going to get some serious PT which is what he wanted. Coles left for the money, I think Lamont left to be able to get out of the shadow of Curtis and to make a name for himself. Something I am sure most of us would have done.

Archived