Playoff tickets invoices?

BwanaZulia

Just got this...

Playoff Ticket News

It has come to our attention that there is some confusion with this years Playoff invoices. This week you will be receiving Playoff invoices in the mail. The invoice is also available online. The invoice will contain prices for the Wildcard, Divisional, and Championship games.As a season ticket holder you should ONLY pay for the Divisional and Championship events. These events are 08DIVIS, 08CHAMP, 08DPK, 08CPK. Full payment is due on or before December 15, 2008 in order to secure your playoff ticket request. If you are paying by check your playoff payment should include 2 games, the divisional game and the championship game, and any associated parking. If you are paying by credit card the invoiced amount is correct. If the first game is a wildcard game instead of a divisional game, a credit will be issued to your season ticket account for the difference.

If you have any further trouble reading the invoice please call the Jets ticket office @ 973-549-4600.

Anyone gotten the invoice? Do they include the 10% discount the commish asked for?

BZ

why is there no wildcard game?

You can only play either a Wildcard or a Divisional Round game at home... it's impossible to host both games, as the home team for the Divisional Round has a bye during the Wild Card round.

If they do host a Wild Card game, then that's what you're paying for instead of a Divisional Round game.

The good news is that it is due after the DEN/SEA/BUF games and if we win those three games, writing a check for $845 won't feel to bad at all. :)

BZ

You are lucky the Jets give you until the 15th. I received my Pats invoice today and they want payment by the 12th (I won't be buying the tix as I highly doubt they will host a playoff game).

Wildcard/Divisional Game: $174 per seat

AFC Championship Game: $189 per seat

Total Ticket Cost: $1,089 plus a $28 "handling" fee = $1,117. No thanks.

Nice, so not only are your tickets higher but while the Jets charge a $4 handling fee, the Pats charge $28! Only 7X as much?

BZ

Its a disgrace. Did I mention that the Pats only except VISA if you want to pay by credit card?

I hate to say it, but the Jets will be doing the same thing in 2010 when the new Stadium opens.

As much as I love the Pats football decision making and putting competitive teams on the field every season I hate the way they fark us over every season when it comes to tickets, parking, etc..

They messed up some of the invoices. Mine lists three games and three parking fees, but the letter says pay for two.

I called them and they said there was a mistake. I just got the email from them listed above.

The funny thing is the "assigned parking spaces" with numbers and everything.

It's hilarious that the Jets charge a $3 credit card fee. that's classic.

They messed up some of the invoices. Mine lists three games and three parking fees, but the letter says pay for two.

I called them and they said there was a mistake. I just got the email from them listed above.

The funny thing is the "assigned parking spaces" with numbers and everything.

3 dollar credit card fee is unreal.

I also love how they send this out and it is wrong. You couldn't make this stuff up. Which means that someone in Finance handed in a projection of total dollars that would be received based on 3 games paid.

In other words they were probably budgeting for money they couldn't sell. At least the football operations side of the house is improved now.

I also love how they send this out and it is wrong. You couldn't make this stuff up. Which means that someone in Finance handed in a projection of total dollars that would be received based on 3 games paid.

In other words they were probably budgeting for money they couldn't sell. At least the football operations side of the house is improved now.

Why is the credit card thing unreal?

It costs them more to let you use your CC... just like gas stations in most areas charge more for CC purchases than cash...

Think of it more as a cash discount... thats what helps it make more sense... and if the NFL marketing department had any sense they would call it that...

Why is the credit card thing unreal?

It costs them more to let you use your CC... just like gas stations in most areas charge more for CC purchases than cash...

How does it cost the team more to process a credit card transaction? You are a crazy bastard!

You bash the team one minute then stick up for them the next minute.

There's even a bunch of mistakes in the email:

1. " It has come to our attention that there is some confusion with this years Playoff invoices"

"years" - should show possession

2. "If you have any further trouble reading the invoice please call the Jets ticket office @ 973-549-4600."

"Jets" - should show possession as well

3. The email does not mention the service fee, only the credit card fee.

How does it cost the team more to process a credit card transaction? You are a crazy bastard!

Credit Card companies charge a fee (a percentage) based on the amount charged. America Express is the most expensive one of the bunch. $3/ticket is actually below cost for them.

Easy buddy... you pay to accept credit cards... its not free..

The JETS pay somewhere around 1.5%-2.0% of all credit card transactions on Mastercard/Visa and at least twice that if they accept Discover/Amex...

On top of that there is usually about a .15-.30 cent per transaction fee from the merchant company.

Lets just use even #'s here... say 50,000 people pay with their card.... at about $1,000 average each...

It would cost the JETS $750,000 in merchant % fee's and $7,500 in processing fee's... $757,500 total...

That would cost the JETS about $15.15 per fan... a $12.15 per fan loss in fees...

Thats a loss of $607,500 to accept credit cards...

Still want to bitch about it?

Consider it a cash discount... and it makes more sense to some...

(this is only with master/visa, they would lose mroe with the other guys)

Archived