Brett you are killing me....

lancemehl

Do I love you?hate you? were we so anamoured with your arm after chad that we didn't realize your legs are shot to he!!? You can't run two yards anymore.

Is this the type of inconsistency the pack fans grew to live with for almost two decades(there's a reason ur the ALL TIME int king),

Your stats haven't dropped in the last two years, in fact they are great, but at times you look terrible, was it the weather? come on, you played in lambeau!!

What's up with you, dude? is it that winning smile, that blue collar shoot from the hip persona.

What was up with that one hopper to cothery?what was up with that bomb that went ten yards too deep? You can't run for s%$t, but surely you remember how to throw a football.

I guess this is Brett Favre, never noticed on this micro-scale, being all the way in wisconsin.

I mean, I'll take it. , Brett Favre is a Jet, but is he that "Joe Montana,Joe Cool that you could always trust or a guy with a cannon whose fun and never missed an NFL game, which is super impressive.No doubt he's tough and piled stats, but he played almost 300 games!!! He has the most EVERYTHING. Is he Elway, Montana,Marino, or a gritty, tough football player who is very mistake prone and whose legs are shot.

Either way, he's our legend,We're in first place, but Christ, man, you are KILLING ME!!

Do I love you?hate you? were we so anamoured with your arm after chad that we didn't realize your legs are shot to he!!? You can't run two yards anymore.

Is this the type of inconsistency the pack fans grew to live with for almost two decades(there's a reason ur the ALL TIME int king),

Your stats haven't dropped in the last two years, in fact they are great, but at times you look terrible, was it the weather? come on, you played in lambeau!!

What's up with you, dude? is it that winning smile, that blue collar shoot from the hip persona.

What was up with that one hopper to cothery?what was up with that bomb that went ten yards too deep? You can't run for s%$t, but surely you remember how to throw a football.

I guess this is Brett Favre, never noticed on this micro-scale, being all the way in wisconsin.

I mean, I'll take it. , Brett Favre is a Jet, but is he that "Joe Montana,Joe Cool that you could always trust or a guy with a cannon whose fun and never missed an NFL game, which is super impressive.No doubt he's tough and piled stats, but he played almost 300 games!!! He has the most EVERYTHING. Is he Elway, Montana,Marino, or a gritty, tough football player who is very mistake prone and whose legs are shot.

Either way, he's our legend,We're in first place, but Christ, man, you are KILLING ME!!

He is 39 years old. Darrell Green was the only human being in the history of human beings who could still run as fast when he was 39 as when he was 25. :)

He is 39 years old. Darrell Green was the only human being in the history of human beings who could still run as fast when he was 39 as when he was 25. :)

Isn't Champ Bailey up there?

But I concur, I never expect Michael Vick or the old Favre, but we are seeing Vinny Testeverde, seriously, it's bad.

And all of us ignored the old adage of "the legs go first", because we were dazzled by his lazer "sometimes accurate" arm.

But I concur, I never expect Michael Vick or the old Favre, but we are seeing Vinny Testeverde, seriously, it's bad.

And all of us ignored the old adage of "the legs go first", because we were dazzled by his lazer "sometimes accurate" arm.

In fairness, his INT was like a Testaverde almost punt. He was the victim of a bunch of key drops. And the playcalling when the game was still in reach was damn curious. Based on Mangini's presser, he was even pissed at himself and Schott for overthinking some things. Yes, he's far from perfect, but Favre is what he has always been. And if you want to point a finger, giving up 34 to Jay Cutler is where the game was lost. The pass defense has tog et better or else.

It is amazing how the legs go. I used to be pretty darn fast. Then, as soon as I turned 30, I knew I had lost a step. 35 - a couple of steps. 40 - forget it. Now, at 55, I can't outrun a turtle, and yet, I swear I am stronger than I ever was. Can somebody explain why the legs go like that? Even if you work out and stay in shape?

In fairness, his INT was like a Testaverde almost punt. He was the victim of a bunch of key drops. And the playcalling when the game was still in reach was damn curious. Based on Mangini's presser, he was even pissed at himself and Schott for overthinking some things. Yes, he's far from perfect, but Favre is what he has always been. And if you want to point a finger, giving up 34 to Jay Cutler is where the game was lost. The pass defense has tog et better or else.

I agree with all that, by no means am I placing this loss on Brett, the defense was disgusting, Mangini was his usually terrible game coach( look, him and Tannebaum have put together a fantastic team, but HE SUCKS as a coach, I don't care what anyone says, put him in an office somewhere, called them "Tangini" the offseason wizards, then get a real friggin football coach in there to win these games!!!!!!!!!!!!)

He's a legend and a jet, good enough for me to wear the s$#t out of his jersey, but I just wonder what we have in Brett exactly. He had a career year last year 13-3 and then lost in the playoff by throwing the ball away.

I know he won in 97 then got outdueled by elway in his repeat campaign, where i remember him playing welll and almost coming back with some insane passing.(but he still lost)

I know he's only had like one losing season, but I'd like some post season numbers on Favre.

would Anyone on this board consider that fun.Collect Favre's data, let's put him under the microscope.

All good so far, a ring, almost two,MVP's,probowls, and records, but lets see his TD/INT ratio in big games. I think he has 30 something 4th quarter comebacks or ties( that's fair), how about big games?

just curious, because he looks really bad at times.

Favre has been downright horrendous when it comes to rushing all season long. There have been many missed opportunities where the defense gave him a ton of room to pick up some yards, and he NEVER takes them.

Another thing, I don't recall running even one QB sneak this entire season. They are a great tool if used properly, and I have to blame Favre since we ran plenty of them with Chad.

I agree with all that, by no means am I placing this loss on Brett, the defense was disgusting, Mangini was his usually terrible game coach( look, him and Tannebaum have put together a fantastic team, but HE SUCKS as a coach, I don't care what anyone says, put him in an office somewhere, called them "Tangini" the offseason wizards, then get a real friggin football coach in there to win these games!!!!!!!!!!!!)

He's a legend and a jet, good enough for me to wear the s$#t out of his jersey, but I just wonder what we have in Brett exactly. He had a career year last year 13-3 and then lost in the playoff by throwing the ball away.

I know he won in 97 then got outdueled by elway in his repeat campaign, where i remember him playing welll and almost coming back with some insane passing.(but he still lost)

I know he's only had like one losing season, but I'd like some post season numbers on Favre.

would Anyone on this board consider that fun.Collect Favre's data, let's put him under the microscope.

All good so far, a ring, almost two,MVP's,probowls, and records, but lets see his TD/INT ratio in big games. I think he has 30 something 4th quarter comebacks or ties( that's fair), how about big games?

just curious, because he looks really bad at times.

He is what he is. Problem is the game situation kinda forced his hand,a nd the conditions were horrendous.39 year old QBs aren't going to scramble, period.

As per the "it's just one game" meme, expect that Mangini is going to be a total bear in practice this week. There are going to have to be some major changes in pass defense, coverages and rush schemes. What we saw yesterday isn't going to get it done.

One guy that makes me sick to my stomach in pass coverage is Barton. Also, he's s stupid selfish dope who's always one dumb mistake away from a 15-yard penalty.When you consider TEs are who he's covering and they seem to be running

wild every 3rd down, it's past time for him to GO. He was lucky they only called him for a delay of game and not a personal foul(which would've given Denver a 1st down). Damn the cap hit, damn the cache he has with his teammates. if there's one guy I would cut today it's Eric Barton, especially if Harris is ready.

It is amazing how the legs go. I used to be pretty darn fast. Then, as soon as I turned 30, I knew I had lost a step. 35 - a couple of steps. 40 - forget it. Now, at 55, I can't outrun a turtle, and yet, I swear I am stronger than I ever was. Can somebody explain why the legs go like that? Even if you work out and stay in shape?

Don't know, but you're 100% RIGHT, you get stronger and slower.

And, it's most evident in QBs, because they stick around long and use their arms more than their legs, more so than any other postion, even O-lineman NEED their legs, QB's could squek by as a pocket passer, but it REALLY, REALLY takes away from your team, when the first down marker is RIGHT THERE and your QB has glue on his cleats. That is a serious flaw. A QB needs to be able to get to that marker. Vinny was never mobile so noone noticed. lol

Seing Brett do the Kenny O fetal position is hard to watch!

Favre has been downright horrendous when it comes to rushing all season long. There have been many missed opportunities where the defense gave him a ton of room to pick up some yards, and he NEVER takes them.

Another thing, I don't recall running even one QB sneak this entire season. They are a great tool if used properly, and I have to blame Favre since we ran plenty of them with Chad.

exactly. Many times Favre has has the red carpet laid out, this is the guy who had to slie so Michael strahan could "catch" him.

He is what he is. Problem is the game situation kinda forced his hand,a nd the conditions were horrendous.39 year old QBs aren't going to scramble, period.

As per the "it's just one game" meme, expect that Mangini is going to be a total bear in practice this week. There are going to have to be some major changes in pass defense, coverages and rush schemes. What we saw yesterday isn't going to get it done.

One guy that makes me sick to my stomach in pass coverage is Barton. Also, he's s stupid selfish dope who's always one dumb mistake away from a 15-yard penalty.When you consider TEs are who he's covering and they seem to be running

wild every 3rd down, it's past time for him to GO. He was lucky they only called him for a delay of game and not a personal foul(which would've given Denver a 1st down). Damn the cap hit, damn the cache he has with his teammates. if there's one guy I would cut today it's Eric Barton, especially if Harris is ready.

I still scratching my head over TY Law for Justin Miller. I haven't exactly been a great analyst, but:

1. We tried Law once and he sucked.

2. We gave up 10 years and half a second 40time, did you see him try to catch that rookle Eagle( or whatever the F$###)?

But, I've been know to eat it, so we'll see.

Favre is a snail who lost his touch on the deep ball..

He makes up for it in other ways though..

Don't know, but you're 100% RIGHT, you get stronger and slower.

And, it's most evident in QBs, because they stick around long and use their arms more than their legs, more so than any other postion, even O-lineman NEED their legs, QB's could squek by as a pocket passer, but it REALLY, REALLY takes away from your team, when the first down marker is RIGHT THERE and your QB has glue on his cleats. That is a serious flaw. A QB needs to be able to get to that marker. Vinny was never mobile so noone noticed. lol

Seing Brett do the Kenny O fetal position is hard to watch!

It does take away options, but you have to know that when you trade for a 39 year old QB. This should not be a surprise. Also keep in mind we once won a SB with Joe Namath, who was a 26 year old QB with 66 year old knees. :)

Archived