Total B.S!

Vudu

The Welker hit wasnt helmet to helmet contact, the BRad Smith hit was. Ryan Clark hit him with his shoulder pad not his helmet. You cannot compare the two. BTW, the bold doesnt mean im angry, and Im not trying to make an argument with it, it's just the way I post.

I know. That is what the Willis hit was. Smith led with his helmet. Clark did not nor did Willis. Huge difference.

I'd like some parity for the NFL, though. If he's going to suspend and fine Smith for a hit leading with his helmet, although accidentally, Goodell should be calling all similar hits the same. I'd rather calling no fines for either, but if you call one, call both.

That's all anyone wants but sadly it's not to be. Hocleys even worse with the disparity.

I know. That is what the Willis hit was. Smith led with his helmet. Clark did not nor did Willis. Huge difference.

Exactly. The only reason some are not seeing this logic is because they are jaded, green colored glasses wearing fans who can't recognize that the league is not against them.

Eric Smith led with his helmet. Patrick Willis and Ryan Clark did not. End of story people.

Lucky for the NFL that the NBA has the worst officiating in the history of North American professional sports. Otherwise, the NFL would be getting more heat for its putrid officials.

Heck, the NFL has led a really charmed existence.

They pioneered the use of performance enhancing drugs in team sports, had a dynasty built on it (1970s Steelers) and its MLB that takes the heat for it. No other sport has its players have so many run-ins with the law, but the NBA takes more heat for whenever anything goes ary. Heck, Pac Man causes a Vegas melee during NBA All-Star Weekend, and people blame the NBA.

I agree that it was not a dirty hit and do not think it should be fined but Goddell has set already set the standard that helmet to helmet hits will be fined and has also stated that intent has no bearing on the fine. Since it was clearly helmet to helmet contact and a player has a concussion from the hit, then based off prior fines handed out, it should have been a fine.

Helmet to Helmet in NFL is LEGAL. I dont think he should be fines just I am suprised he wasent bc Goodell fines over anything.

That's why, each week, there is mounting evidence that the NFL--"led" by the arbitrary whimsy of the fraud Goddell--intentionally alter scores by instructing their referees to call games tighter for certain teams. You can bet the house that if a Jet had made that hit, he would have been flagged and, definitely, fined.

sucks to be losing faith doesn't it BG? I have been saying this since the Cleveland playoff game in what 1987...I perceive a day will come that I won't even bother watch football anymore except at a glancing interest. It's kinda like finding out that pro wrestling was fixed and Bruno Sammartino wasn't really hurt after getting whacked by that folding chair

Archived