Total B.S!

Vudu

I don't think that he should have been fined. Sure Willis tried to kill Smith, but I expect that with almost any football hit. I don't think he intended to lead with his head and it was only so bad because of the DB getting Smith from the back. Sort of like the Smith hit on Bolden. I'm not really sure Smith should have been fined either. I find it hard to get all angry at guys for hits that were 100% legal when I was growing up.

I don't think that he should have been fined. Sure Willis tried to kill Smith, but I expect that with almost any football hit. I don't think he intended to lead with his head and it was only so bad because of the DB getting Smith from the back. Sort of like the Smith hit on Bolden. I'm not really sure Smith should have been fined either. I find it hard to get all angry at guys for hits that were 100% legal when I was growing up.

I agree that it was not a dirty hit and do not think it should be fined but Goddell has set already set the standard that helmet to helmet hits will be fined and has also stated that intent has no bearing on the fine. Since it was clearly helmet to helmet contact and a player has a concussion from the hit, then based off prior fines handed out, it should have been a fine.

I'd like some parity for the NFL, though. If he's going to suspend and fine Smith for a hit leading with his helmet, although accidentally, Goodell should be calling all similar hits the same. I'd rather calling no fines for either, but if you call one, call both.

It was just as clean as the Eric Smith hit... NFL is all over the map... either your going to fine for helmet to helmet or your not...

I understand he didnt mean it but most players dont and they fine them regardless...

Consistency, just give us consistency for god's sake. It seems as if Goodell is making it up as he goes along.

If it was a star WR that took the hit (like Boldin) he would have been fined... it was Brad Smtih... so he doesnt give a ****.

I agree that it was not a dirty hit and do not think it should be fined but Goddell has set already set the standard that helmet to helmet hits will be fined and has also stated that intent has no bearing on the fine. Since it was clearly helmet to helmet contact and a player has a concussion from the hit, then based off prior fines handed out, it should have been a fine.

I'd like some parity for the NFL, though. If he's going to suspend and fine Smith for a hit leading with his helmet, although accidentally, Goodell should be calling all similar hits the same. I'd rather calling no fines for either, but if you call one, call both.

It was just as clean as the Eric Smith hit... NFL is all over the map... either your going to fine for helmet to helmet or your not...

I understand he didnt mean it but most players dont and they fine them regardless...

I agree with all of these points. Considering some of the other bull**** fines handed down the last couple of years this deserved a bull**** fine. OTOH, I don't have anything against Willis. I hate way they run the NFL, particularly the no fun league legislation, and general pussification.

That's why, each week, there is mounting evidence that the NFL--"led" by the arbitrary whimsy of the fraud Goddell--intentionally alter scores by instructing their referees to call games tighter for certain teams. You can bet the house that if a Jet had made that hit, he would have been flagged and, definitely, fined.

He hit Smith with his shoulder. Smith was the reason there was any helmet to helmet contact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEr1GGYpl7Q

He hit Smith with his shoulder. Smith was the reason there was any helmet to helmet contact

And Eric Smith was aiming for Boldin with his shoulder and Boldin was knocked into the path of SMiths helmet JUST like what happened to Brad Smith... Brad Smith tried to avoid the Helmet but got forced into it...

It is almost the exact same thing... just not on a star WR and Brad Smith popped back up for a second... if he stayed down and got carted off it would have been a fine...

The NFL needs to just be more fair...

Ask Eric Smith, Im sure Goodell gave him a bogus explanation...

Eric Smith ended up hitting Boldin in the helmet with his helmet which is illegal.

Its not rocket science people.

Yes the majority of it was on the shoulder, but some of his helmet was on Boldin's. Case closed. Illegal.

When did helmet to helmet even become an issue? I mean, it is football, and theres a reason they wear helmets. Helmet to helmet hits are going to happen, and this sudden notion that its a "dirty" hit is absurd. Helmet to helmet shouldnt be considered dirty unless someone is spearing.

Eric Smith ended up hitting Boldin in the helmet with his helmet which is illegal.

Its not rocket science people.

Yes the majority of it was on the shoulder, but some of his helmet was on Boldin's. Case closed. Illegal.

Willis wound up hitting smith in the helmet with his helmet too... its not rocket science... but the NFL plays favorites... hell if that was Cotch Willis gets fined.

And Eric Smith was aiming for Boldin with his shoulder and Boldin was knocked into the path of SMiths helmet JUST like what happened to Brad Smith... Brad Smith tried to avoid the Helmet but got forced into it...

It is almost the exact same thing... just not on a star WR and Brad Smith popped back up for a second... if he stayed down and got carted off it would have been a fine...

The NFL needs to just be more fair...

Willis hit Smith with his shoulder. Smith led more with his head and then his shoulder. I think Smith got a little boned on the fine, but the hits are nowhere near the same.

Willis wound up hitting smith in the helmet with his helmet too... its not rocket science... but the NFL plays favorites... hell if that was Cotch Willis gets fined.

:rolleyes:

Willis' helmet was not a direct force onto B.Smith's. E.Smith's onto Boldin's was. He was leading with his head, Willis wasn't. What don't you understand?

By your logic it should be a fine if a player rolls over on top of another and their helmets clash. :eek:

You are in the wrong here. Patrick Willis did not deserve to be fined. Eric Smith did, although the $50,000 was way too harsh, I will agree with you on that point.

Guys... are you blind?

Willis hit Smith in the Helmet with his helmet... doesnt matter what he was leading with... his helmet hit Smiths Helmet...

same exact thing that happened to Boldin...

No two hits are the same... thats a given... both situations are the same though...

Guys... are you blind?

Willis hit Smith in the Helmet with his helmet... doesnt matter what he was leading with... his helmet hit Smiths Helmet...

same exact thing that happened to Boldin...

No two hits are the same... thats a given... both situations are the same though...

Seriously, Smith hit Willis in Willis' earhole. Smith hit Boldin with the crown of his. Check YouTube.

:rolleyes:

Willis' helmet was not a direct force onto B.Smith's. E.Smith's onto Boldin's was. He was leading with his head, Willis wasn't. What don't you understand?

By your logic it should be a fine if a player rolls over on top of another and their helmets clash. :eek:

You are in the wrong here. Patrick Willis did not deserve to be fined. Eric Smith did, although the $50,000 was way too harsh, I will agree with you on that point.

The first things to come into contact with each other are Willis's helmet and Smith helmet. If that is not direct force I dont know what is. Here is a link with some great slo-mo shots of the hit. At about 35 sec it gives a great shot of the initial contact. Again I dont think it should be fined but if Smith gets fined then Willis should have been fined.

http://sportscracklepop.com/2008/12/10/patrick-willis-hit-puts-brad-smith-in-an-akward-position/

Seriously, Smith hit Willis in Willis' earhole. Smith hit Boldin with the crown of his. Check YouTube.

Take a step back for a moment...

Goodell fines these guys for helmet to helmet contact to avoid head injuries...

He fined Smith even though he did not intentionally hit Boldin helmet to helmet because it was a dangerous hit that caused an injury.

He did not fine willis for the same thing...

In Goodells eyes ti doesnt matter how or where you make the contact.... look at his history of fines for helmet to helmet...

He is clearly cherry picking who he fines...

Take a step back for a moment...

Goodell fines these guys for helmet to helmet contact to avoid head injuries...

He fined Smith even though he did not intentionally hit Boldin helmet to helmet because it was a dangerous hit that caused an injury.

He did not fine willis for the same thing...

In Goodells eyes ti doesnt matter how or where you make the contact.... look at his history of fines for helmet to helmet...

He is clearly cherry picking who he fines...

It is not the same thing.

Willis' case is more incidental contact. Smith launched himself into Blodin. Again, Smith's helmet came in contact with Willis' earhole. Not exactly launching and leading with a helemt. Willis barely moved.

You guys are retarded. You cant fine one player for a hit and totally ignore another brutal hit. If Brad Smith was Terrell Owens or one of the Superstar WR's, WIllis wouldve been fined.

I agree that there shouldve been no fine for Eric Smith, or the majority of the hits, but you can't play favorites. You cannot fine one player and not fine the other.

You guys are retarded. You cant fine one player for a hit and totally ignore another brutal hit. If Brad Smith was Terrell Owens or one of the Superstar WR's, WIllis wouldve been fined.

I agree that there shouldve been no fine for Eric Smith, or the majority of the hits, but you can't play favorites. You cannot fine one player and not fine the other.

Correct. Thank you, Bronzey.

Smith actually pushed into Bolden and he should not have been fined either

Putting everything in bold does not make your argument. Try CAPSLOCK. :rolleyes:

Smith launched himself and led with his helmet. Willis did not do that. Christ Welker took a harder hit then Smith and there was no fine for that because neither led with the helmet.

Putting everything in bold does not make your argument. Try CAPSLOCK. :rolleyes:

Smith launched himself and led with his helmet. Willis did not do that. Christ Welker took a harder hit then Smith and there was no fine for that because neither led with the helmet.

The Welker hit wasnt helmet to helmet contact, the BRad Smith hit was. Ryan Clark hit him with his shoulder pad not his helmet. You cannot compare the two. BTW, the bold doesnt mean im angry, and Im not trying to make an argument with it, it's just the way I post.

Thats just her font smart guy.

Archived