Any given Sunday

GodWearsAGrayHoodie

I know many of you have given up on your season. And quite honestly, I don't want the Jets to make the playoffs (although I do want you to win your final game)

But you have given up not because you believe it is impossible for the Jets to beat the Dolphins in the sub-arctic temperatures of Giants stadium, but because you believe it is impossible for the Bills to defeat the Patriots and impossible for Jacksonville to defeat the Ravens.

I ask you is the Bills beating a Cassel lead Patriots this year less improbable then the Giants beating a Brady led offense in 2007? Is Jacksonville defeating the Ravens more of a long shot than the '69 Jets beating the Colts?

Seriously, any given Sunday, any thing can happen.

I know many of you have given up on your season. And quite honestly, I don't want the Jets to make the playoffs (although I do want you to win your final game)

But you have given up not because you believe it is impossible for the Jets to beat the Dolphins in the sub-arctic temperatures of Giants stadium, but because you believe it is impossible for the Bills to defeat the Patriots and impossible for Jacksonville to defeat the Ravens.

I ask you is the Bills beating a Cassel lead Patriots this year less improbable then the Giants beating a Brady led offense in 2007? Is Jacksonville defeating the Ravens more of a long shot than the '69 Jets beating the Colts?

Agreed. Anything can happen and hope for the playoffs are not farfetched...

That being said, we'd be one and done anyway, I just hope that we finish off the season with a win and bring the dreaming Dolphags back to reality.

No.

I gave up on this team for an entirely different reason.

When they lost to Raiders, I said it was a fluke.

When they lost to the Broncos, I said it was bad weather and a bad matchup.

When they lost to the 49ers, I said we've got some troubles.

When they narrowly beat the Bills, I said 'a win is a win'.

When they lost to the Seahawks, I accepted reality.

I'd say, **** this team, but really, **** me for not knowing that this is the same old jets no matter who the coach is, who the quarterback is, or what the year is. **** all of us for believing. **** Brett Favre for making us believe. **** Bernard Berrian for making us think we had a shot. **** the Titans for allowing us to think we were better than we thought. **** me for sitting out in the cold vs Denver because I wanted to be a part of this.

**** the playoffs, we'll just get our asses kicked there anyway.

**** me for thinking for even one moment that there could be an iota of good to come out of being a Jet fan.

Still, **** the Jets. Heartless and Gutless, and until further notice, this team is dead to me.

No.

I gave up on this team for an entirely different reason.

When they lost to Raiders, I said it was a fluke.

When they lost to the Broncos, I said it was bad weather and a bad matchup.

When they lost to the 49ers, I said we've got some troubles.

When they narrowly beat the Bills, I said 'a win is a win'.

When they lost to the Seahawks, I accepted reality.

I'd say, **** this team, but really, **** me for not knowing that this is the same old jets no matter who the coach is, who the quarterback is, or what the year is. **** all of us for believing. **** Brett Favre for making us believe. **** Bernard Berrian for making us think we had a shot. **** the Titans for allowing us to think we were better than we thought. **** me for sitting out in the cold vs Denver because I wanted to be a part of this.

**** the playoffs, we'll just get our asses kicked there anyway.

**** me for thinking for even one moment that there could be an iota of good to come out of being a Jet fan.

Still, **** the Jets. Heartless and Gutless, and until further notice, this team is dead to me.

I know next year we'll be rooting for them, but for now I totally agree with you.

I get tired of the jets always needing "help" to get into the damn playoffs. If you need help then you shouldnt be there...PERIOD.

This team is dead to me until next year August when I start getting that tingle in my body that I wish I could kill because it always kills me in December.

Miami just won a game in KC where the temperture with the wind chill was -12 below so unless there is an unheard of artic wave coming through NY this weekend I don't think the weather will be a problem.

i find it more funny that Belichick has to root for Mangini in order to make the playoffs, oh the bittter irony

No offense, but that's a lot easier to say for a Patriots fan than a Jets fan, considering you've been on both ends in recent memory (beating the Rams and losing to the Giants.) But we haven't even seen that "Any Given Sunday" in forty years.

The only real crushing Patriots defeat you guys have seen recently was the last Super Bowl. As Jets fans, we experience these disappointing losses all the time. We don't even have the luxury to see the Jets get to the Super Bowl--with all the attention, and all the hype leading up to America's most watched game.

I will continue to root for this team, but it is clear that after this season's collaspse, there is no hope for this franchise in the near future. The Arizona Cardinals have made the playoffs after years of humiliation. The Tennessee Titans could easily end up with more Super Bowl appearances than the Jets. This team has nothing to be proud of right now.

Only Detroit could feel worse about their football team right now.

Archived