If Brett Favre retires......

JonEJet

I can see us going after Warner or Garcia and just dabble with Cassel.

We have a pretty good team that can compete next year. And thats why I doubt they will go with an unknown QB from our roster next year.

Warner is a fumble machine and Cassel is awful. Garcia i'll take but i'd rather draft a QB and let them battle Ratliff.

Warner is a fumble machine and Cassel is awful. Garcia i'll take but i'd rather draft a QB and let them battle Ratliff.

I hope one is there with the 15th pick...

I just dont see the FO going with an unproven QB when the rest of the team is pretty good.

But who knows.. with a new coaching staff it might work out well... but we're the Jets and it will blow up in our face.

I hope one is there with the 15th pick...

I just dont see the FO going with an unproven QB when the rest of the team is pretty good.

But who knows.. with a new coaching staff it might work out well... but we're the Jets and it will blow up in our face.

Maybe they will trade up for a QB... Who knows.

I can see us going after Warner or Garcia and just dabble with Cassel.

We have a pretty good team that can compete next year. And thats why I doubt they will go with an unknown QB from our roster next year.

And that's why this franchise will always be a loser. An absolute refusal to draft a franchise caliber QB and then give him a chance with a good team. It's either draft and give him a crappy team, or get a good team and give it to a limited FA that is past his prime or just not very good.

You see what the Giants did? Trade 2 first round picks for the guy they wanted, then hand him the team, then continue building the team around him. The Jet fanbase is against a high pick, and is against giving a QB with an arm any patience, only a noodle armed QB deserves a shot.

Clowney made Ratliff look a lot better than Favre by your argument 124. Favre hit him once and that was it.

I wouldn't mind a veteran presence, but I still think Ratliff deserves as much a shot as any qb on our roster.

Yes he did great against 3rd stringers and it was preseason, but if you can watch that game over again, he looked really good in his limited time. Tony Romo played at a no-name college and probably played against college grads that aren't even playing football anymore. It's kinda hard to really judge if Ratliff is gonna be any good or not. I never saw him in college, I watched him from beginning to end all preseason games and I think your initial instinct to discard him like most other coaches or teams would is what makes finding that diamond in the rough so hard.

try the kid out with the first team offense and see if he can do better against a first team defense.

as much as I wish Favre would go bye bye, if Vick is the replacement choice, please hang around another year Brett

qft

here's my take.

Cut Clemens.

Ainge.. meh.

Try out Ratliff.

Also, draft the best available QB.

I know we have plenty of other needs, perhaps more serious needs... but for just ONCE in my lifetime as a Jets fan, I want to see a Jets QB that is two things *simultaneously*: young AND good.

Our mistake wasn't that we picked up Favre. It's that we picked him up about two decades after we should have (and could have)

Archived