Wright/Reyes Vs Jeter/Arod

Green Jets & Ham

to be honest at this point in time, if I was starting a team i would sooner take Reyes/Wright then Jeter/A.Rod

Well I guess that's why you're not the GM of a baseball team.

A-Rod: .320-39-104, .418 OBP, .611 SLG, 1.029 OPS, 96 runs, 73 walks

Jeter: .312-14-53, .390 OBP, 100 runs, 60 walks, 164 hits

Wright:.314-21-83, .394 OBP, .533 SLG, .927 OPS, 58 walks, 84 runs

Reyes: .275-6-54, .300 OBP, 20 walks, 79 runs,

Reyes really really needs to work on his patience there. This guy's not a rookie anymore and he's still got a .300 OBP? That's bad. I think Wright's going to be a damn good player, well he is already. Reyes is fast but a low batting average and very low OBP, and almost no power. Did not hit a single homerun for 3 months. And did I mention that A-Rod leads the AL in homeruns, OPS, and slugging, and is 2nd in OBP, 3rd in walks, RBI's, and BA, and 4th in runs.

This guy is top 4 in 8 categories. Can you say MVP?

Well I guess that's why you're not the GM of a baseball team.

A-Rod: .320-39-104, .418 OBP, .611 SLG, 1.029 OPS, 96 runs, 73 walks

Jeter: .312-14-53, .390 OBP, 100 runs, 60 walks, 164 hits

Wright:.314-21-83, .394 OBP, .533 SLG, .927 OPS, 58 walks, 84 runs

Reyes: .275-6-54, .300 OBP, 20 walks, 79 runs,

Reyes really really needs to work on his patience there. This guy's not a rookie anymore and he's still got a .300 OBP? That's bad. I think Wright's going to be a damn good player, well he is already. Reyes is fast but a low batting average and very low OBP, and almost no power. Did not hit a single homerun for 3 months. And did I mention that A-Rod leads the AL in homeruns, OPS, and slugging, and is 2nd in OBP, 3rd in walks, RBI's, and BA, and 4th in runs.

This guy is top 4 in 8 categories. Can you say MVP?

yeah A-Rod also seems to never come through in clutch situations which is why yankees fans have been hating on him all year even though he's chasing a triple crown.

Look at those numbers. Think they're gonna stay the same next year? the year after? Your left side has another one or 2 years tops of all-star play whereas mine has a possible 8 or 10 in the making.

Heck with that...I could replace ALL of their production elsewhere, for much cheaper. And I would live and die by incentive-laden contracts!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sometimes people are so blinded by their hatred it's hilarious. You could replace A-Rod, Jeter, and Rivera's production? With who? Mike Schmidt, Honus Wagner, and Bruce Sutter?

yeah A-Rod also seems to never come through in clutch situations which is why yankees fans have been hating on him all year even though he's chasing a triple crown.

Look at those numbers. Think they're gonna stay the same next year? the year after? Your left side has another one or 2 years tops of all-star play whereas mine has a possible 8 or 10 in the making.

Man I was just waiting for somebody to post that A-Rod wasn't clutch. You're going to regret that bit of stupidity my friend.

This year, when it is close and late, A-Rod is hitting .317 with 4 HR's and 12 RBI's. He is hitting .364 with the bases loaded and has 14 RBI's. He is hitting an ok .267 with RISP and has 59 RBI's. This is what you get when you post with ignorance.

And if you honestly believe that last part about only "1 or 2 years tops," hahahahahahahahaha. BTW, David Wright is hitting a killer .214 in close-and-late situations this year. And .231 with RISP and 2 out. And I even think this kid is a real good player and is going to be an all-star for a while. But don't be so delusional as to think that A-Rod still isn't WAY better than him.

Wright is having a better year than Jeter though.

Arod is top 5 All-Time and no Met fan in their right mind would compare Wright to him.

Some Yankee fans however did post right on this forum early this season that Jeter was better than ARod.

This adopt a ARod program all of a sudden is hilarious.

Archived