Tuna pulling strings, I figured it out!!!!

SouthernJet

:rl::rl:

Sources: Parcells can walk with full pay

Comment Email Print

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Archive

While Bill Parcells says he is committed to the Miami Dolphins as their executive vice president of football operations through the 2009 season, he now has an unrestricted option to walk away from the team with his fully guaranteed salary, league sources said.

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga removed the previously reported 30-day escape clause prior to closing on the sale of the team Jan. 20 to New York real estate billionaire Stephen Ross, the sources said. The clause, which required Parcells to notify the team of his intention to leave within 30 days if ownership was transferred from Huizenga's control, was eliminated from the contract about three weeks prior to the closing of the team's sale.

Parcells has the option to depart without any restrictions, and the team is required to pay him the financial balance of his original $12 million, four-year contract he signed in January 2008. Huizenga communicated the contractual changes to Ross, who did not protest, a league source said.

The unrestricted clause means Parcells has the option to take other employment in or out of football without any standard "off-set," in which the amount he earns elsewhere is subtracted from the balance of the money owed by the Dolphins, sources said.

If he ever joined another NFL organization, the Dolphins would not receive compensation under the arrangement, sources said.

Jesus, that is just brutal. What kind of second rate organization would let that fat old bastart hold them hostage like that. I suppose one who hadn't seen the playoffs in like 10 years. He'll be gone by the midway point of the season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus, that is just brutal. What kind of second rate organization would let that fat old bastart hold them hostage like that. I suppose one who hadn't seen the playoffs in like 10 years. He'll be gone by the midway point of the season.

u got that right

But he didn't leave.

The whole issue is whether or not Parcells can co-exsist with our new owner. Parcells wants to see what kind of owner he is before he decides to bail. If Ross turns out to be a Jerry Jones or Bob Kraft type, then Parcells is gone. If we find out Ross is a hands off owner that doesn't try and stick his nose into the inner workings of the actual football side of the business, then Parcells likely stays on for a while longer. We all know Parcells is not fond of NFL owners, especially meddlesome ones, this whole contract situation centers on the type of relationship Ross and Parcells can build. I think I speak for 100% of Dolphin Nation when I say that I hope Ross shuts up and lets Parcells work his magic.

But he didn't leave.

The whole issue is whether or not Parcells can co-exsist with our new owner. Parcells wants to see what kind of owner he is before he decides to bail. If Ross turns out to be a Jerry Jones or Bob Kraft type, then Parcells is gone. If we find out Ross is a hands off owner that doesn't try and stick his nose into the inner workings of the actual football side of the business, then Parcells likely stays on for a while longer. We all know Parcells is not fond of NFL owners, especially meddlesome ones, this whole contract situation centers on the type of relationship Ross and Parcells can build. I think I speak for 100% of Dolphin Nation when I say that I hope Ross shuts up and lets Parcells work his magic.

Exactly. If they left the contract as-is, and forced Parcells to make a decision within 30 days, he was guaranteed to walk away. Redoing the deal allows Parcells to have a trial period with Ross.

Archived