Clowney? 1st round

lancemehl

The got a hell of a lot of luck to win last year, and like I said this year without Plax, with a bunch of undeveloped WR they did nothing and were nothing. Plenty of teams are successful with shorter WR by spreading the ball around and using each players strengths, that's all i was getting at.

Exactly. I tend to understand where alot of fellow Jet fans come from. But seriously, we're looking to put EVERYTHING on a 40 year old arm that hasnt been great in the month of December in the last 3+ years (dont get me wrong, as a football fan, I love what Favre has done for the sport). However, as a Jet fan, I simply want to see what our talent can really, REALLY do. I can care less what anyone says, Brett Ratliff showed flashes of greatness,...not that he "is" great, but that he's a promising talent that just needs to be put in position to flourish. Why do we hate developing talent I will never know. Brett Ratliff should be taken more seriously. Many people (including myself) talk about the games that Ratliff played and the passing yards that he's gotten on "one play". I go a bit further than that. I recorded on my DVR those preseason games that he played in. There were many things outside of him throwing the football that makes him a great cosideration for the job.

Example: during one of these games I remember that he was getting blitzed from an end linebacker on his right side while receiving presure a bit up the middle-left, what Ratliff did to get out of that situation was absolutely amazing for an undrafted QB trying to display is talent on the grand stage. Instead of Ratliff tucking the ball and running, he made a very good QB decision. He displayed an incredible pump fake...not just moving the ball with his arm but it was his entire body motion. Well, the Linebacker bit and jumped right out of the play. Then Ratliff having pressure on his middle left simply took a little QB "hop step" towards his right side while at the same time putting his body and feet into position that once he landed back on the floor he could throw a pass to the WR's left shoulder because the defender was coming to his right.

THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY PLAYS THAT RATLIFF MADE VERY MINDFUL DECISIONS ON. and if you have lost your feeling on this guy I suggest that you find those games that he played and just watch him. This kid isnt a 3rd string QB.

Im not saying that this dude is the next Tom Brady, What Im saying is that he is the first Brett Ratliff and maybe we should be paying more attention to him because he makes WR's like Clowney look hella awesome as well. The kid has skills.

Yet, time and time again the Jets do not take the time out to develop their talent...unless they're Vernon Gholston and even with Gholston, he was deactivated at some time last year.

Im just saying that this is probably the most overall talented Jet team this organization has EVER had...maybe with Rex Ryan (understanding what it is to develop talent) We can have our David Clowney's, Vernon Gholston, Dwight Lowery, Brett Ratliff, Kellen Clemens (wont forget him) of this team really step up and have that impact.

for the record. The three guys that I think will be insane in this league if given a chance....

Dwight Lowery (with time, because he has the brains)

Vernon Gholston (if geared towards is abilities)

Brett Ratliff (Another Steve Young sitting on the bench...I put my heart on that one).

Good post.

Well most mocks have Bey going in the second round, now that's without much scouting, reports are only just now starting to come out for the seniors who went to the workouts. It is a bit premature to say if a guy is a reach or not, but Bey hasn't proven he's the second best WR out there either. We need to see what they can do at the combine before making declartions, but right now based on what we know of his production and capabilites at the college level he's a borderline guy, high second low first which at 17 would technically be a reach.

I would hope we'd consider Brian Robiskie in the 2nd if we are indeed targeting a WR at that spot.

Archived