Are the Pats doing Cassell a disservice by franchise tagging him?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW.

TAMPA -- Former 49ers and Lions head coach Steve Mariucci, who had a strong reputation for his work with quarterbacks, now serves as an analyst for NFL Network. He was asked today for his thoughts on what Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel might be worth in a trade.

he will get $14-15M guaranteed

nice raise don't ya think

$500k after winning 11 games on easy schedule. I think rex grossman wins

11 games for pats last year.

Moss and Welker would be wasted with Grossman. He makes Vince look at accurate.

Mr Foolish with no life how do you know he will, you have to be the dumbest troll on any website.

No one knows, but lets consider some food for thought.

-He has been mentored by Brady for four years.

-Brady (and other Pats like Bruschi) have always said you do not need to chase every dollar for the betterment of the team.

If Brady needs to be PUP'd. Would Cassel be better served signing a 2 year-8 million with 10 million bonus and give the team some flexibility? He could remove one doubt (i.e. perform better against good teams) that remains as he starts the season against a tougher schedule.

No one knows, but lets consider some food for thought.

-He has been mentored by Brady for four years.

-Brady (and other Pats like Bruschi) have always said you do not need to chase every dollar for the betterment of the team.

If Brady needs to be PUP'd. Would Cassel be better served signing a 2 year-8 million with 10 million bonus and give the team some flexibility? He could remove one doubt (i.e. perform better against good teams) that remains as he starts the season against a tougher schedule.

But he will be traded in april, that PUp scenerio will never play out

But he will be traded in april, that PUp scenerio will never play out

As I said before, the Patriots know Brady's situation.

If it looked like he would be delayed, especially given coming up short this year. I would think they goto Cassel and say Brady is likely to be PUP'd and we want you back but at less then 14 million cap hit.

If he is traded then Brady is probably all right.

What is the point of this thread?

The Pats have to tag him and see what happens, why should the care if they are screwing Cassel as part of the process?

Can I get screwed like by being forced to take 14 million?

Archived