Varitek swallows his pride; going back to Boston

Morrissey

Ok, I see you are using the MadMike "Train of Thought or the lack there of" Thought Process.

BA: Tek .220 vs Molina .216: Molina has eclipsed Tek .263 career average once in his career and that was 15 games and 37 ABs.

Defense: Tek .993 (Career FP) vs Molina (.992): Tek has a Gold Glove. Molina has bupkiss.

The only thing Molina has is age.

Lol, I just read that as "Trainwreck of though."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an outsider's question in this whole argument: can we discuss this without calling each other homers? It gets in the way of reading different perspectives.

I think Varitek is decent, solid fielder and caller and the pitchers seem to like him, but he's not a threat at bat at all any more. Nothing to be frightened of and I don't think it will have too big of an impact on the Red Sox record. Hughes may still be good--we've seen his potential, but it remains to be seen if he can use all that talent on a consistent basis while remaining healthy. He's certainly not done at the age of 23.

Just an outsider's question in this whole argument: can we discuss this without calling each other homers? It gets in the way of reading different perspectives.

I think Varitek is decent, solid fielder and caller and the pitchers seem to like him, but he's not a threat at bat at all any more. Nothing to be frightened of and I don't think it will have too big of an impact on the Red Sox record. Hughes may still be good--we've seen his potential, but it remains to be seen if he can use all that talent on a consistent basis while remaining healthy. He's certainly not done at the age of 23.

Tell that to the Skank homers first them bunch of tools. ;)

Archived