FoxSports 1st prediction of NCAA BBall Tourney field

SouthernJet

Interesting... Looking at that bracket it looks like there would be serious potential for a Cuse-UNC matchup in the Elite 8.

Syracuse's road would look like

Utah St.

Memphis (we already beat them @ their place this season)

Marquette in the sweet 16 (If our big men are healthy, we will dominate down low)

UNC in the Elite 8.

IF that happens, this forum may just explode with trash talk. :Nuts:

Interesting... Looking at that bracket it looks like there would be serious potential for a Cuse-UNC matchup in the Elite 8.

Syracuse's road would look like

Utah St.

Memphis (we already beat them @ their place this season)

Marquette in the sweet 16 (If our big men are healthy, we will dominate down low)

UNC in the Elite 8.

IF that happens, this forum may just explode with trash talk. :Nuts:

Syracuse getting to the elite 8? if they keep losing they may be a bubble team. I'd love that bracket, it would be a creampuff bracket w/ no serious challengers on the way to Detroit.

Syracuse getting to the elite 8? if they keep losing they may be a bubble team. I'd love that bracket, it would be a creampuff bracket w/ no serious challengers on the way to Detroit.

As I said, IF THATS THE BRACKET... There's definitely a chance. I dont see us losing to Utah State, and we already won @ Memphis. Marquette is tough but they rely on their three ball and dribble penetration (if our big men are healthy and the zone is good, they're not getting any of the latter), so a bad shooting night may spell the end for them. As for there not being a serious challenger...BC is in that bracket, you know. :Nuts:

As I said, IF THATS THE BRACKET... There's definitely a chance. I dont see us losing to Utah State, and we already won @ Memphis. Marquette is tough but they rely on their three ball and dribble penetration (if our big men are healthy and the zone is good, they're not getting any of the latter), so a bad shooting night may spell the end for them. As for there not being a serious challenger...BC is in that bracket, you know. :Nuts:

SU hasn't won an NVAA Tourney game since 2004, Boheim has been known to lose 1st rd games so you can look at Utah State and think win but you probably did the same w/ Vermont & Tex A&M in your last 2 1st rd losses.

BC isn't a challenge, 1 fluke win doesn't change that. Hopefully they meet the heels in the ACC Tourney.

Why wouldn't Villanova play the opening round in Philly? That is ridiculous.

He has Villanova as a 5 seed, why would they give them the edge in playing at home the first 2 rounds?

Nova should get to the Elite-8 in that bracket.

They would be LUCKY to get past BYU in that bracket. 1 quality win all year(at home no lesss) and you think they ciuld make an elite 8?

Memphis shouldn't be the only C-USA team...

As technically an employee of msn/foxsports....I'm ashamed that they would put such a list. :lol:

C-USA is a joke, Memphis should barely be a tourney team. Memphis is as mediocre as it gets and still no one in C-USA can beat Memphis.

If you guys wanna talk about quality wins...Syracuse over Memphis, Florida, and Kansas (basically at KU). They have been tested already, and they were in a bit of a cold streak. They will beat NOVA today and will get completely back on track. Don't sleep on the Orange come March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys wanna talk about quality wins...Syracuse over Memphis, Florida, and Kansas (basically at KU). They have been tested already, and they were in a bit of a cold streak. They will beat NOVA today and will get completely back on track. Don't sleep on the Orange come March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All great names in College basketball, none of those teams are very good THIS year.

C-USA is a joke, Memphis should barely be a tourney team. Memphis is as mediocre as it gets and still no one in C-USA can beat Memphis.

disagree.

well cusa having ruf year,,nyjunc probably right on this one ,,

maybe only other team worthy is UAB at 50th in Sagain,,Tulsa 3rd best cusa team at 65th,,and as u know 64 teams make up tourney :D

they will get 2 IMHO,,outside chance of 3 if a upset in conf tourney

current sagarin by conference

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc0809.htm?loc=interstitialskip

I've never seen defense this bad. I've also never seen offense this bad. We're really in a bad funk right now. If we can serve home the rest of the way and pull out the three must-wins against SJU, Cincy, and Rutgers we still should be fine, as that gives us a 10-8/11-7 BE record. With the wins you mentioned above, that should be enough to get us a 1st rd bye in the BE tourney and about a 6 or 7 seed in the NCAA's. We're in a major funk right now though, and it doesn't fell to good.

I've never seen defense this bad. I've also never seen offense this bad. We're really in a bad funk right now. If we can serve home the rest of the way and pull out the three must-wins against SJU, Cincy, and Rutgers we still should be fine, as that gives us a 10-8/11-7 BE record. With the wins you mentioned above, that should be enough to get us a 1st rd bye in the BE tourney and about a 6 or 7 seed in the NCAA's. We're in a major funk right now though, and it doesn't fell to good.

good luck..

6/7/8/9 are DANGEROUS seeds as you know

Don't feel good at all. I'm scared to watch Wednesday @ UConn.

The NCAA has a policy of trying to keep teams as close to home as possible. The tourney uses Philly as venue. They've placed Nova there before, and this year we're likely the higher seed.

unless u r a 1 or a 2 seed they dont really care about home court,,if vill gets a 1 or 2,,or MAYBE a 3 then its apossiblity,,

Archived