Percy Harvin gets a clean bill of health - PFT.com

He will still spend half of his career in the trainers room and on I.R.

Ehh, I'm not sure about that. I'm fairly certain most of his injuries came because urban meyer subjected him to severe amounts of abuse having him carry the ball 70+ times last year as a 5'11 192 pounder. As a receiver he will be taking significantly less hits and not from 230+ lb linebackers every down.

Used properly, I think he would be a stud. That having been said, his 4.40 was very dissapointing. I look forward to seeing his 3cone drill and seeing how he keeps his speed in and out of cuts, but as of now I prefer DHB. His size and speed ratio is more along the lines of Andre Johnson than anyone else in the draft.

Turn on the tape, most of his plays come out of the freakin' backfield.

Scerw Percy Harvin. He is Sinorice Moss Jr in terms of barely seeing the field due to just not being able to crack the lineup and because of injuries.

Scerw Percy Harvin. He is Sinorice Moss Jr in terms of barely seeing the field due to just not being able to crack the lineup and because of injuries.

The way you say barely, you act as though he never played. The kid missed 5 games in his 3 years at Florida. That's 5 out of 41 games he missed, that's not barely seeing the field, that's barely being injured.

I'm sorry, but as a 5'11" 192 lb player, who almost definitely weighed less his first year in the league, carried the ball far too much in the tough, physical SEC. Not only did he catch 130 passes, but he carried the ball over 190 times. As a WR in the NFL, he will almost certainly handle the ball less than 100 times a year, while not being tackled by linebackers every down.

Also, the Sinorice Moss comparison is pretty terrible. Off by 3 inches and about 10 lbs. Moss caught the ball only 57 times in his two years in a much weaker conference, while carrying the ball about 10 times. And i'm pretty sure moss only missed 3 or so games in his two years.

I'm not advocating Harvin, but you're just hating on him and have no good reason besides the weak argument of he'll never see the field.

You have no clue what you are talking about...

Archived