Nady and Swisher: There shouldn't be any competition

Morrissey

Let's hope so as he did look headed in the right direction in 2006 but a .219 BA with 135 K's in 2008 is a rough year no matter how you paint it. He's also a career .244 hitter. At least he takes the free pass to help the on base pct which is huge in a line-up like the Yankees.

I am optimistic that he will bat in the .255 to 2.68 range with moderate power (25 HR) and a decent on base pct. If he can come close to 2007 (not even hoping for a 2006 year) in this lineup we should all be very happy. :cheers:

That said Swisher is versatile and will pick up some ABs resting Damon, playing a little center and giving Tex a day off here and there. I think we will see both Swisher and Nady in the lineup together a bit.

I am optimistic that he will bat in the .255 to 2.68 range with moderate power (25 HR) and a decent on base pct. If he can come close to 2007 (not even hoping for a 2006 year) in this lineup we should all be very happy. :cheers:

That said Swisher is versatile and will pick up some ABs resting Damon, playing a little center and giving Tex a day off here and there. I think we will see both Swisher and Nady in the lineup together a bit.

TD said it and I totally agree, it gives us some nice depth.

I think it's a little ridiculous to completely ignore last year's results though, where Nady was considerably better then Swisher. It's easy to assume that Swisher will rebound, but how many times have a players career unexplainably went into the tank and never really fully recovered from there? A competition is for the best, let the one who hits the most win.

And if anybody is known as Pedro Cerrano, it's Carlos Delgado. The resemblance is uncanny.

carloscerrano.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived