Panthers cut free agent BUST D.J. Hackett - PFT.com

Boy we missed out. ;)

:Typotux:

PANTHERS CUT HACKETT, BRIDGES, AND GOINGS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 25, 2009, 2:10 p.m.

The Carolina Panthers have cut veteran offensive guard Jeremy Bridges, wide receiver D.J. Hackett and running back Nick Goings, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

By releasing Bridges, the Panthers avoided having to pay the starting lineman an upcoming $1 milion roster bonus. It also saves the team at least $1.25 million in base salary and salary cap obligations for 2009, according to NFL Players Association records.

By cutting Hackett, who caught just 13 passes in nine games and two starts last season, the Panthers save at least $1.04 million against the cap as well as his base salary for next season.

The Panthers saved an additional $745,000 in terms of cap and cash space by parting ways with Goings, a former undrafted free agent.

Was it a see through that went to a Conneticut car dealership?

That would be funny if I actually worked at a car dealership...

I think you mean see through that went to a chair in a room that I never leave anymore because I am un-employed... :bag:

That would be funny if I actually worked at a car dealership...

I think you mean see through that went to a chair in a room that I never leave anymore because I am un-employed... :bag:

Oh comeon, you couldn't sell them with your Chad Pennington knowledge?

"Hey, it may be that this car won't get you all the way home. But it's efficiency rating is 38 mpg, which ranks among the best of all time."

lol

"It may not have great velocity but it's intangibles will get you from point A to point B"

Personally, I'd love to see the Jets sign Hackett. He had a horrendous year last season, primarily because of injury. That just means he'll come cheap. He's big, skilled, and young.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all. We'll probably draft a WR on the first day, and there's no free agaent WR that I'd want to throw big money at. Hackett and Bey?

Archived