Cimini's Latest On Who We'll Pick @17

SoFlaJets

1. Heyward-Bey

2. Nicks

3. Freeman

If the Jets go in any other direction but those three players it will be a mistake (unless Jeremy Maclin is on the board which has a 0.01% chance of happening seeing as Jacksonville or Oakland will probably select him).

I think Nicks will be one of the best players from this draft in 5 years. Remember Boldin was a 2nd rd pick. Nicks and Moreno will be the best 2 players from this draft.

I agree on Moreno. I think Moreno is the next Top 5, Top 3 stud Running Back in the NFL. Whoever gets him is going to have a STUD on their hands. With TJ's contract crap if the Jets were able to deal him for a draft pick and take Moreno at 17 and a WR at 52, I'd be a-okay with that.

I agree on Moreno. I think Moreno is the next Top 5, Top 3 stud Running Back in the NFL. Whoever gets him is going to have a STUD on their hands. With TJ's contract crap if the Jets were able to deal him for a draft pick and take Moreno at 17 and a WR at 52, I'd be a-okay with that.

That would be nice, and maybe Britt in the 2nd. Or possibly if Nicks falls, trade up and get him. Moreno and one of them two would be perfect. I don't doubt any possibility with Tanny. If he wants somebody, he'll get him.

1. If Maclin is still on the board at 17 we have to make the pick. He plays extremely fast and can also beat the bump and run. Saw too many big plays while he played at Missouri. Maclin, Cotchery, and Keller would make any of our current JET QBs look good. He is truly a special player.
  2. I would be extremely disappointed if Jackson is the pick at 17. I know most draft logic is to take the talented big DL/OL early but is Tyson Jackson really that special? His motor has been questioned and does not generate sacks or pressures. I know in the 3-4 we are looking primarily for a run-stuffer who takes on blockers but to me his performance at LSU did not improve enough each year to warrant a first round pick.
  3. Freeman at 17 is harder to gauge. Definitely has the arm and the physical tools to become a good NFL QB. The questions arise in his decision making and the ability to read defenses. Suspect he will take more than a couple of years to truly develop into a decent NFL QB. More like Jamarcus Russel than Matt Ryan.

Since its doubtful Maclin is on the board at 17 and I would not pick either Jackson or Freeman at 17 my vote goes to the top rated RB or WR. Knowshon Moreno or Donald Brown at RB. Hakeem Nicks or Darius Heyward-Bey if Maclin is unavailable at WR.

And for anybody saying Heyward-Bey, why? Because he ran a 4.3 40. He'll be a Goulston at WR. If you seen him and Nicks play this year, it's obvious who the better player is. Nicks.

Same for Moreno, he looks like T. Dorsett. But because he runs a slow 40, he suddenly isn't good anymore. Somebody is going to get a stud. He'll be the 2nd best rb in the league for the next 10 years behind Peterson.

GOD HOW I HATE THE COMBINE.

Well I wouldn't mind it so much, as long as the Jets didn't send anybody, and other teams would make stupid picks because of it

" When you can bring the bench press out on the field, that's when we'll worry about how much you can lift!" - Any high school coach in the country

Archived