Mets: 25-man Opening Day Roster is "Set"

Lil Bit Special

I heard SI picked us to win it all.

More good Murphy press.

A scout told the *** **** Post that he believes 24-year-old Daniel Murphy will "get better and better."

"He has a professional approach at the plate," said the unnamed scout. "He knows what he is trying to do. Guys like that get better and better. His pitch selection will get better and better, and he will start turning on pitches and hitting with more power. Most scouts think he will hit 15 or fewer homers. I think he will be in the mid-20s with a lot of doubles." Murphy will bat second in the Mets' lineup this season. He's hitting .363/.411/.525 this spring with one home run and 15 RBI.

Source: *** **** Post

I heard SI picked us to win it all.

More good Murphy press.

A scout told the *** **** Post that he believes 24-year-old Daniel Murphy will "get better and better."

"He has a professional approach at the plate," said the unnamed scout. "He knows what he is trying to do. Guys like that get better and better. His pitch selection will get better and better, and he will start turning on pitches and hitting with more power. Most scouts think he will hit 15 or fewer homers. I think he will be in the mid-20s with a lot of doubles." Murphy will bat second in the Mets' lineup this season. He's hitting .363/.411/.525 this spring with one home run and 15 RBI.

Source: *** **** Post

Best part about Murphy: He's white and American.

:D

The Mets bench is iffy beside Tatis if he can duplicate last year. Have to hope Delgado continues his comeback and Castillo can show something.

The starters has to worry you based on srring training but why be so negative.

Mets can and will win the division if they stay relatively healthy and perform up to their ability.

But two straight years they havent performed up to their ability.

Hopefully the bullpen holds up better than the last 2 years.

Archived