Joba Chamberlain's velocity is down...

T0mShane

What type of performance enhancer was Joba on?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of performance enhancer was Joba on?

• HGH
    • Steroids

Forgive me for sounding arrogant, but Joba was throwing 98-100 mph in the bullpen, someone who doesn't know a thing about baseball would think he would have the same velocity in a starting a roll. He could always rear back in a big spot to throw a 99 mph fastball, but over the course of a game, he doesn't need to do that.

Forgive me for sounding arrogant, but Joba was throwing 98-99 in the bullpen, someone who doesn't know a thing about baseball would think he would have the same velocity in a starting a roll. He could always rear back in a big spot to throw a 98 mph fastball, but over the course of a game, he doesn't need to do that.

You ARROGANT PRICK!!!!!!!!!!!! :Nuts:

Forgive me for sounding arrogant, but Joba was throwing 98-100 mph in the bullpen, someone who doesn't know a thing about baseball would think he would have the same velocity in a starting a roll. He could always rear back in a big spot to throw a 99 mph fastball, but over the course of a game, he doesn't need to do that.

Sorry, but his lack of velocity has been a major isssue amongst scouts who've watched Joba all spring. Sports Illustrated had 3 separate articles on it, & the NY Post featured it on its back cover yesterday. Someone who doesnt know a thing about baseball would think that there's something more to it than just moving into a starter's role. It's not at all out of the question that he may be showing the effects of coming off the juice. After all, he is a dumb country bumpkin- that can't be argued.

Sorry, but his lack of velocity has been a major isssue amongst scouts who've watched Joba all spring. Sports Illustrated had 3 separate articles on it, & the NY Post featured it on its back cover yesterday. Someone who doesnt know a thing about baseball would think that there's something more to it than just moving into a starter's role. It's not at all out of the question that he may be showing the effects of coming off the juice. After all, he is a dumb country bumpkin- that can't be argued.

Congratulations on making the dumbest thread ever even dumber.

ORRR

He's learning he doesn't have to throw 99 to get guys out. Maybe he's you know, working on his control and throwing hard at the same time, and working other pitches in.

I mean, pitchers do that in spring training right? Am I wrong?

ORRR

He's learning he doesn't have to throw 99 to get guys out. Maybe he's you know, working on his control and throwing hard at the same time, and working other pitches in.

Not if they're on the Yankees. Then, if they aren't throwing complete game perfect games in March, then they are failures. And scum bags. Just because. :rolleyes:

Not if they're on the Yankees. Then, if they aren't throwing complete game perfect games in March, then they are failures. And scum bags. Just because. :rolleyes:

Because the Yankees are super-conscious of NOT signing steroid-laden players. I hear their "Steroids Testing" involves peeing on the floor and having a cat lick it up. If the cat's nuts shrink, the player who pissed is then banned for 50 games.

ORRR

No, you're not wrong...I was just playing devil's advocate- it's spring training, time for conspiracy theorists to throw as much sh*t out as possible.

Because the Yankees are super-conscious of NOT signing steroid-laden players. I hear their "Steroids Testing" involves peeing on the floor and having a cat lick it up. If the cat's nuts shrink, the player who pissed is then banned for 50 games.

And a new record is set.

Aim high, guys

Tucker admitted over at JI that's he's a troll.

Don't bite.

Archived