backup NT

lancemehl

Yes, I've mentioned this in all my posts today, but felt it needed it's own.

As great as Jenkins is, he only plays less than half the plays, his conditioning is suspect, hopefully that changes with the new "top 5 defense" regime.

Let's not forget ,Rex's defensive resume makes Mangini's look like a PE coach

But he does carry a lot of weight.

I agree with the need for a DE, although I really like Devito and Coleman has held his ground.

We need either a backup BLOB for when Jenkins takes his sandwich breaks OR no 3-4 should EVER be ran w/o him on the field. If I see Pouha, I will puke.We have Howard Green, our slight salvation, but,30 years old,I've never heard of him.

even with that plan, I'm more concerned with a DT than an end, because IF gholston can play football, we have BT and him,both DE's, plus, like i said, Devito is a player and Coleman holds his own.

if we need a d-lineman we need a DT, unless we are sold on Howard Green! Then,back to OFFENSE!

You're hearing about somebody for the first time and you're not gaga? This certainly can't be good.

Over my head, my bad. I'm not gaga for this dude, if #'s mean anything, oh, and i don't like guys who were "out of football" for a year. lol cant be worse than Pouha though

Howard Green & Sione Pouha will be the back-up NT's in 2009.

Green is a guy that Rex likes and just because you havn't heard of him doesn't mean he can't contribute a solid 10-15 snaps a game.

Green is a guy that Rex likes and just because you havn't heard of him doesn't mean he can't contribute a solid 10-15 snaps a game.

With a coach that can adjust and knows how to scheme well you do not need the most talented players to get production... Rex will have his guys playing above the level Mangini could...

we need more than 10-15 snaps from our backup, but we run a 4-3, no pouha

we need more than 10-15 snaps from our backup, but we run a 4-3, no pouha

We run a 34 and we don't need more than 10-15 snaps from Green. Marques Douglas can come in and play both DE and NT and Pouha could also come in for snaps, as well as DeVito.

From Green if we can get 15 snaps, we're solid.

BTW we run a 34.

He cannot even tell you which teams use NTs

i could tell you hardly any use one. they are hard to find.

larz, i'm an idiot, not even close to Ecurb, but i don't know wilfork, carricker and branch, that's all i got, but there's about 20 + the draft, and one must be better than POUHA and Green, but I'll give Green a chance.

ECurb are you available for tutoring sessions on football, because all of your posts are so profound and I,a simpleton, would love some teaching. I, mean you know everything.

Or, wait ,are you just tricking me by criticizing me to make me think you know anything? dammm, got me again.....you are too slick.

Gotta get up pretty early in the morning.................

We run a 34 and we don't need more than 10-15 snaps from Green. Marques Douglas can come in and play both DE and NT and Pouha could also come in for snaps, as well as DeVito.

From Green if we can get 15 snaps, we're solid.

BTW we run a 34.

i thought it was a hybrid, I'm saying if Jenkins or Green(until i see him play) aren't on the field , we switch to 4-3, that's what Rex does. devito is a great 4-3 DT or DE, not a NT, Same for Douglas. Pouha can even play some 4-3 DT, but not 3-4 NT, did you see when that happened last year.

Pouha plaing NT=Pouha on a$$

i thought it was a hybrid, I'm saying if Jenkins or Green(until i see him play) aren't on the field , we switch to 4-3, that's what Rex does. devito is a great 4-3 DT or DE, not a NT, Same for Douglas. Pouha can even play some 4-3 DT, but not 3-4 NT, did you see when that happened last year.

Pouha plaing NT=Pouha on a$$

Pouha can come in and give us 5-10 snaps a game from the 34 or the 43. The way Rex Ryan's schemes work, Shaun Ellis could play NT for 5-10 snaps.

We'll be okay.

We added DLine depth in Green and Douglas and maybe even will spend a draft pick on another.

Relax.

Pouha can come in and give us 5-10 snaps a game from the 34 or the 43. The way Rex Ryan's schemes work, Shaun Ellis could play NT for 5-10 snaps.

We'll be okay.

We added DLine depth in Green and Douglas and maybe even will spend a draft pick on another.

Relax.

OK, I'm happy we got Green, I'm happy we are playing a hybrid, mixing and matching. Rex's defensive resume punks Mangini's. I'm relaxed. I want to go all RB,WR,Blocking(and good hands)TE, OG(Faneca replacement perhaps) and just wouldn't mind another true NT, if Green was out of football for a reason.Pouha,should be cut IMO.

I'd be happy with Brace in the 2nd round to be the back up NT. I hope we don't rely on Pouha cause besides the fact that he sucks we need a good backup in case Jenkins ever goes down. I don't want a repeat of last year.

exactly, I wouldn't go 2nd,only to give Green a chance, but POUHA CANNOT touch the 3-4.

PLUS, forget injury, Jenkins doesn't play half the plays as is!! lol

Lasyt year, Ellis played NT on obvious passing downs. And he was good at it, creating good pressure up the middle. It was one of Mangini's better defensive moves, though he'd use Gholston at DE in those situations - who did nothing and looked bad doing it.

Lasyt year, Ellis played NT on obvious passing downs. And he was good at it, creating good pressure up the middle. It was one of Mangini's better defensive moves, though he'd use Gholston at DE in those situations - who did nothing and looked bad doing it.

i can't wait to see the margin of difference between Mangini and Rex as far as defensive IQ!!!!

To me, rite now, and of course could always be wrong. It's replacing Parios hilton with steohen Hawkin

Archived