New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I suggested it a while back but reconsidered. If doggin is right and 1 of them are scum, this is almost exactly what they will do...

OR, the scum will oie and say innocent as a wifom to look more innocent..

I'd rather have them commit to you and my alignment as if 1 of them is scum, they will be in sell out mode..

I'm up for your idea.

I might suggest we flip for it or something similar for just to ensure there's no strategy in who gets who.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm up for your idea.

I might suggest we flip for it or something similar for just to ensure there's no strategy in who gets who.

My idea, I get vic since I don't trust him more :D

Doggin or Slats, please drop the hammer on Woodrow... ;)

That's not a bad idea.

My only fear is that they're going to come back screaming bloody murder, and we'll be at this again...

If they both survive the day & night, won't we be back at this next phase anyway?

We let them live, hope one of them comes back with a guilty? Or we get every innocent name on the table and try to lynch scum again?

I'm a little concerned about getting a false guilty from a lying false cop, lynching another innocent, and staring the end of the game in the face.

Food for thought:

Here's Vic's first post after Bleedin's Jets babe death scene on day 1

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1238477&postcount=806

Here's Vic's first post after Bleedin's morning scene, night 1

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1240884&postcount=920

So either this was a well thought out plan by Vic, from day 1, or he's being honest. Also - in the zombie game, EY gave him back his results too early, he came into thread and announced he thought SMC was innocent, seemingly out of the blue. Our scum team hadn't put the NK in yet so when I saw this post, I interpreted as him potentially being the cop so I NK'd SMC since he was a confirmed innocent (I would've NK'd Vic, but I was hoping to convert him)

Again, either Vic has gotten a lot better at this game since then, or he's being honest..

This is very interesting. Good pick up.

Still - what do you think is the likelihood that both cops are clean?

Is that really why?

Yes, as I said, I'm being selfish. If mafia is at 1 Lynch to victory, and VIc comes back with me innocent, I'll feel a lot better about him personally, enough that I'll feel better about potentially lynching Pac..

Further, I think I can defend myself against Vic if he's lying scum and comes back with a false report, since he's less vetted then Pac and people are currently more suspicious of him.

This is 100% a selfish play

This is very interesting. Good pick up.

Still - what do you think is the likelihood that both cops are clean?

One of the reasons i wanted to pressure other people is to see if we could scare out any remaining power roles that might be foolishly not revealing. If Jet Thing's is a role blocker, and I can get that out him right now, I feel more convinced that 1 of our cops is full of it..

Yes, as I said, I'm being selfish. If mafia is at 1 Lynch to victory, and VIc comes back with me innocent, I'll feel a lot better about him personally, enough that I'll feel better about potentially lynching Pac..

Further, I think I can defend myself against Vic if he's lying scum and comes back with a false report, since he's less vetted then Pac and people are currently more suspicious of him.

I think you're full of crap. You know you're full of crap.

I can elaborate on why, or we can go random?

I don't feel comfortable telling you guys who I'm going to investigate. If we do in fact have 2 cops then it means the mafia in all likelihood has a role blocker. All I'll say is it will be one of the Axis... or will it?

I'll see CTM's selfish play and raise... doc please protect me so we can win this game. Or don't protect me and protect yourself... or protect me actually.. no.....

I don't feel comfortable telling you guys who I'm going to investigate. If we do in fact have 2 cops then it means the mafia in all likelihood has a role blocker. All I'll say is it will be one of the Axis... or will it?

I'll see CTM's selfish play and raise... doc please protect me so we can win this game. Or don't protect me and protect yourself... or protect me actually.. no.....

If they have a roleblocker why didn't they block one of you two last night?

Why do you want to go random so badly?

And what do you mean by random?

Basically, a 3rd party picks a number, we guess, whoever gets it gets whichever person we assign.

I want to go random because you want vic so badly.

Two brothers, two identical toys. Older brother picks one toy, younger brother wants the same one.

That is almost certainly setting up a scenario where both say the other is guilty..

That's not a bad idea.

My only fear is that they're going to come back screaming bloody murder, and we'll be at this again...

Which is why I want to lynch one of them today. But if not, we need to know eventually. At worst, if we do it while the serial is alive and lynch the wrong one, the Serial can keep the game going by shooting the other.

Wait too long, and we lose even that out

I suggested it a while back but reconsidered. If doggin is right and 1 of them are scum, this is almost exactly what they will do...

OR, the scum will oie and say innocent as a wifom to look more innocent..

I'd rather have them commit to you and my alignment as if 1 of them is scum, they will be in sell out mode..

And, of course, if one of you is scum, then it isn't sell out mode, its just telling the truth.

Basically, a 3rd party picks a number, we guess, whoever gets it gets whichever person we assign.

Two brothers, two identical toys. Older brother picks one toy, younger brother wants the same one.

Younger brother should've proposed the plan then ;)

I want vic to investigate me, if pac wants to investigate someone other then you or you refuse to be investigated that's your guys business..

Someone hammer woody - vic please investigate me..

I'm thinking you may be scum.

You're objection to being investigated by pac is noted btw.. ;)

I've got a number selected. Its between 1 and 20. Closest to it wins. One of you, pick

And I'm hoping that this never comes into play and we lynch Vic today

I want vic to investigate me, if pac wants to investigate someone other then you or you refuse to be investigated that's your guys business..

I'm finding your refusal to go with pac curious. EY's proposed random, which is fair. Pick a number. Let fate decide

I'm finding your refusal to go with pac curious. EY's proposed random, which is fair. Pick a number. Let fate decide

Pac can investigate me too, i think it weakens the plan, but clearly he's not going to let me influence him..

86... which is a number you'll be intimately familiar with if I investigate you tonight and you turn out to be scum.

That was a joke btw..

And it's the only number the first person could select that would make any sense..

Sorry, I don't accept jokes, I'm going to count that as your selection. And its not the only number the first one could pick - you could have taken 11.

So if EY wants to do this randomly, he just needs to deduce if I'm the type of person who would pick a number greater or less than 10.

Sorry, I don't accept jokes, I'm going to count that as your selection. And its not the only number the first one could pick - you could have taken 11.

So if EY wants to do this randomly, he just needs to deduce if I'm the type of person who would pick a number greater or less than 10.

Well it was a joke for CP's number and since you always vote that first..

besides, Pac has already declined my plan due to what I can only assume is lack of trust.. :1cry:

If the mafia's gonna do any role blocking, it's going to be by whacking you.

If we're going to let this cop drama go on another day, I'm on board with them not telling us who they're going to investigate. I do think each should have a list of two guys they could go after so that they don't investigate the same guy. This way they could cover the entire Axis Of Evil in the day phase if need be. Let the scum guess who they're investigating, too. On the very off chance that they're both town, I'd rather they spread out and find some scum.

I want vic to investigate me too then.

I cant refuse the investigation at all.

Archived