Jesus Montero is a beast

Morrissey

Me too, but only because we need to get him and Romine more playing time each.

Do you think he'll switch positions?

Not until he either outgrows the position, or shows he can't handle it anymore.

But in ST, Girardi was raving about how much his defense improved from last year's ST. So we shall see.

I am surprised that there are posters here who know anything about the Minors of any team. Me - I have been attending Yankee minor league games in Albany-Colonie, Norwich, Staten Island and Trenton for years. Of course, there are no longer Yankee teams in Norwich or Albany, but it was great to get away for a weekend in the summer and catch a few games there.

But in ST, Girardi was raving about how much his defense improved from last year's ST. So we shall see.

I am surprised that there are posters here who know anything about the Minors of any team. Me - I have been attending Yankee minor league games in Albany-Colonie, Norwich, Staten Island and Trenton for years. Of course, there are no longer Yankee teams in Norwich or Albany, but it was great to get away for a weekend in the summer and catch a few games there.

The internet has made us all so much smarter and all of us baseball talent scouts.

You must remember "can't miss" prospect Andy Morales

And a hundred others like him.

With that said, to get back on track with the thread, it's not fair to compare Montero to anyone like Morales (not saying you did, I obviously brought him up) because Montero has actually hit in the minors, and has thus far translated it on the field on the 3 levels he's been at so far. Morales was touted as a can't miss prospect when we signed him after he defected from Cuba, but when he got on the field... he didn't hit.

With that said, it's not fair to compare Montero to anyone like Morales (Not saying you did) because Montero has actually hit in the minors, and has thus far translated on the field on 3 levels he's been at so far. Morales was touted as a can't miss prospect when we signed him after he defected from Cuba, but when he got on the field... he didn't hit.

For the Mets-Can't miss prospects:

Alex Ochoa, David West, Tim Leary, Dave Madigan, Greg Jeffries, Jay Payton and I can on and on and on.

I remember Jeffries saying he wanted Rose to extend the all time hit record higher, so he would have something big to shoot for.

He was baseball's Todd Marinovich.

For the Mets-Can't miss prospects:

Alex Ochoa, David West, Tim Leary, Dave Madigan, Greg Jeffries, Jay Payton and I can on and on and on.

I remember Jeffries saying he wanted Rose to extend the all time hit record higher, so he would have something big to shoot for.

He was baseball's Todd Marinovich.

All teams have there share of can't miss prospects who missed, but that doesn't mean we're not aloud to talk about prospects, obviously everyone knows these numbers may not translate to MLB, that should go without saying.

Montero is one the best hitting prospects in the minors, he's ranked on every list, which is pretty good for someone still in advanced-A. Scouts believe in hit bat, it's worth discussing. IMO

With that said, to get back on track with the thread, it's not fair to compare Montero to anyone like Morales (not saying you did, I obviously brought him up) because Montero has actually hit in the minors, and has thus far translated it on the field on the 3 levels he's been at so far. Morales was touted as a can't miss prospect when we signed him after he defected from Cuba, but when he got on the field... he didn't hit.

I will not argue on anything regarding Montero, as I also believe he will be a stud hitter when he gets to NY in 2011 (Sept.) I think Jackson will be a solid all around player, but not a star. Romine will, IMO, be a solid Catcher somewhere in 2001, but if Montero is still catching by then, Romine may be prime trade bait, sort of like Salty was for the Braves a while ago, netting Tex.

I will not argue on anything regarding Montero, as I also believe he will be a stud hitter when he gets to NY in 2011 (Sept.) I think Jackson will be a solid all around player, but not a star. Romine will, IMO, be a solid Catcher somewhere in 2001, but if Montero is still catching by then, Romine may be prime trade bait, sort of like Salty was for the Braves a while ago, netting Tex.

I think Jackson will be an above average hitting CFer, with great defence. He won't be a Carlos Beltran, but he could be a Torii Hunter type.

also It took a lot more then just Salty to get the Braves Teixeira. Looking back at that trade, they gave up a TON.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia ©

Elvis Andrus (SS)

Neftali Feliz (RHP)

Matt Harrison (RHP)

Beau Jones (RHP)

Archived