The Rays are about to get hot here in 2009.

TampaBayJetsFan85

It's time for these guys to put it all together because this team has an explosive lineup, a top 5 defense and an elite pitching rotation.

And it started last night in Seattle, Niemann pitched a really good game and the lineup came through with 9 runs. I understand that teams like the Yankees are without their superstars such as A-Rod but I'm talking about the Rays right now and ever since the season started...It's like...Our lineup has either been missing Longoria or Upton and last night was just a sign of things to come with a healthy Rays lineup.

The Rays lineup has really been struggling so far here in 2009, our bullpen has been below average and I really feel this is all about to change. Our Lineup is about to get hot with players such as Crawford, Upton, Longoria, Pena and Burrell leading the way and pitchers like Kazmir, Shields and Garza really need to step it up and lead by example for our younger pitchers such as Niemann, Price and Wade David here in 09.

All in all...It just fealt good watching this Rays team last night and if you ask me...I'll be honest, this Rays team has played like **** here in 2009 and it's crazy because we are only what? 3 games behind the Yankees and Red Sox and only 4.5 games behing the Jays? Thats nothing.

Lets just hope this thread will become the Rays Rally thread. I remember last year, I believed in this team over at TGG when no1 else did. Lets go Rays...Lets get another win on the road here in Seattle. .500 here we come.

About 40 Mins until the Rays and "Big Game" James Shields take the mound and look to take the series against the M's on the road in Seattle! I'm getting pumped up for this game because James Shields is looking to improve his record to 3-1 while giving Hernandez his first Loss of the year.

The Red Sox and Yanks both have a day off today so it's time the Rays win tonight and move only 2.5 games behind those two teams.

Lets go Rays! Lets get a two game win streak going before we head into Oakland!

See ya guys after the game.

Good luck. It would be nice to have a 3 way in the AL east this year.

Yeah, this AL East is tough as ever and even the Jays are playing great baseball and I'm shocked because I thought the loss of Burnett would hurt that pitching rotation in a major way.

After what the Rays did last year, almost winning 100 games after losing 100 the year before...I dont count any team out of the race anymore. Yeah, as a Rays fan...I wanna see the Red Sox and Yanks lose, but I still have my eyes on the Jays because they COULD be the Rays of last year, I just cant see them doing it because of their pitching.

Yeah, this AL East is tough as ever and even the Jays are playing great baseball and I'm shocked because I thought the loss of Burnett would hurt that pitching rotation in a major way.

After what the Rays did last year, almost winning 100 games after losing 100 the year before...I dont count any team out of the race anymore. Yeah, as a Rays fan...I wanna see the Red Sox and Yanks lose, but I still have my eyes on the Jays because they COULD be the Rays of last year, I just cant see them doing it because of their pitching.

Hard to compare the Jays to last years Rays. Everyone knew the Rays where close to be a really good team, but didn't think it would happen that quick. They had been stock piling draft picks, made some good trades, so last year wasn't a big surprise, especially to Yankee and Red Sox fans who seen the potential in 2007.

Hard to compare the Jays to last years Rays. Everyone knew the Rays where close to be a really good team, but didn't think it would happen that quick. They had been stock piling draft picks, made some good trades, so last year wasn't a big surprise, especially to Yankee and Red Sox who seen the potential in 2007.

+1 but lets not forget that the Jays have also been drafting some pretty good players over the past couple of years.

Last year...Starting pitching and solid bullpen pitching is what put the Rays over the top because even DEVIL RAY teams of the past always had really good O's but it was our starting pitching that was Horrid and those bullpens were sad.

All in all...Pitching wins championships with a solid offense.

Damn...After scoring 9 runs last night, the Rays are playing like the Devil Rays once again here in 09...I mean, Shields has pitched great only allowing 1 run but the Rays lineup has scored ZERO and we are down to our last 9 outs heading into the 7th inning...

We have left runners on 1st and 3rd like two times now...Iy yi yi, just score a damn run

Maaannnn, baseball can be so ****ING annoying @ times like this!

The Rays just got a leadoff man on base there in the 7th with a base hit from Navarro...Then...Aki K's out and FAILS to advance the man. Then, I think freaking Bartlett grounds into a D-P

Heading into the 8th and we still havnt put up a damn run

Did I thank the Rays for Edwin Jackson yet?

Yeah, lol...Edwin Jackson is trash and will lose over 12 games this year. I'm glad he's off this team because he's a bum and with players like Kazmir, Shields, Garza, Price, Niemann, Wade Davis and Sonnanstine...That guy had no spot on this roster.

Enjoy our trash because you will see how Edwin Jackson blows prerry soon

Hows that gonna happen? We have a runner on 2nd base now with only one out,,,

Im not watching the game, i looked@ mlb.com and saw that there was someone at first, stfu, they're gonna lose anyway.

No...But why would you tell me to STFU when I never went outta my way to say anything negative about you?

But on a side note,,,The Rays just lost 1-0.

Im out of here, cya guys tomorrow

*points & laughs*

The Rays drop another turd!@

Archived