NY Post: Bruschi: steriod link?

R44

With Jose Canseco's book "Juiced" flying off the shelves, you knew it was only a matter of time until someone linked Tedy Bruschi's recent stroke with possible steroid usage. During the combine, multiple medical personnel made reference that there might be more to the stroke than the Pats and Bruschi were letting on.

"Listen, 31-year-old's in perfect shape just don't have strokes for no reason," one doctor who attended the combine told The Post. "You really have to wonder if this was steroid-induced."

Pats spokesman Stacey James shot down the rumors.

"He's good to the core; I would be absolutely shocked," James told the Post. "I'm extremely comfortable batting that [rumor] down. There's no validity to that at all."

http://newyorkpost.com/sports/41933.htm

"Listen, 31-year-old's in perfect shape just don't have strokes for no reason," one doctor who attended the combine told The Post. "You really have to wonder if this was steroid-induced."

That's a crock of sh*t. Anyone can have a stroke for a vast array of reasons. This is just some a-hole reporter trying to stir up sh*t. No doctor worth their salt ould ever make statement like that becasue they know it isn't true. And this jerk is attacking one of the classiest, hardest playing guys in the league. I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but resorting to baseless accusations is never going to take away their titles.

I would be surprised if it comes out that he uses steroids. Just looking at the guy, he doesn't look like your typical steroid user. I mean you could look at Bonds early in his career and see an obvious difference. I don't think Bruschi has put on much if any weight since being drafted. Not saying it's not possible but I tend to doubt it.

I would be surprised if it comes out that he uses steroids. Just looking at the guy, he doesn't look like your typical steroid user. I mean you could look at Bonds early in his career and see an obvious difference. I don't think Bruschi has put on much if any weight since being drafted. Not saying it's not possible but I tend to doubt it.

What about college? High school?

Professional sports doesn't have to be the first place an athlete starts using steroids.

What about college? High school?

Professional sports doesn't have to be the first place an athlete starts using steroids.

Well say he did do them in college. I have to believe that if there is any validity to this that the person affected would have to be currently using steroids. I'm no doctor, just guessing.

Well say he did do them in college. I have to believe that if there is any validity to this that the person affected would have to be currently using steroids. I'm no doctor, just guessing.

I'm no doctor either but I do know that steroids have several long term effects.

I'm no doctor either but I do know that steroids have several long term effects.

But wouldn't those long term effects be more prevelent in someone who takes them for a long period of time as opposed to a couple years in college? Okay, I tried to play it cool but F that. This "doctor" is a total assclown trying to make a name for himself. If he was a professional, he would never even make accusations like this unless he was certain. He's no Doogie Houser that's for sure. There I'm done.

But wouldn't those long term effects be more prevelent in someone who takes them for a long period of time as opposed to a couple years in college? Okay, I tried to play it cool but F that. This "doctor" is a total assclown trying to make a name for himself. If he was a professional, he would never even make accusations like this unless he was certain. He's no Doogie Houser that's for sure. There I'm done.

ALK I heard a doctor on the fan a Dr. talk about steroids and thier effect. And I remember him saying that if you take them just a few times at a young age you can cause permanent problems. Problems such as irregular heart beats, and even permanent damage to your heart. Again, I'm not a doctor just relaying what I heard.

IMO, this is cheap journalism and should not have made it to the presses. If the Post had an integrity whatsoever, they'd show a little more caution that to throw up single-source conjecture like this and sell it as news. Just really specious, IMO.

Archived