Grienke

Blackout

No one ever questioned his abilities. It was his mental makeup that was in doubt. If he stays mentally OK, he has a long successful career ahead of him.

Exactly.

I wonder if the big teams are buyer beware on him. After all, he was diagnosed with Social Anxiety disorder in fricking KC.

I hope the Royals lock him up to an economical long term contract soon.

what's this? A New England fan coming off as ignorant again?

4 years/$38M (2009-12)

• signed extension with Kansas City 1/26/09 (avoided arbitration, $4.4M-$3.4M)
  • 09:$3.75M, 10:$7.25M, 11:$13.5M, 12:$13.5M

Mea culpa. In January, I was still in shock from my football team not being in the playoffs. I had trouble focusing and paying attention to baseball news in particular Royals news. I should have sought council from a jets fan.

what's this? A New England fan coming off as ignorant again?

4 years/$38M (2009-12)

• signed extension with Kansas City 1/26/09 (avoided arbitration, $4.4M-$3.4M)
  • 09:$3.75M, 10:$7.25M, 11:$13.5M, 12:$13.5M

So he will be traded to the yankees or socks in 2011.

He can't handle the pressure. Greinke has social anxiety disorder and at one point it was serious enough that he was put on a leave by KC. Seriously, he's a ticking time bomb and is a pretty weird dude. If you have time google some "Zack Greinke interviews" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

He can't handle the pressure. Greinke has social anxiety disorder and at one point it was serious enough that he was put on a leave by KC. Seriously, he's a ticking time bomb and is a pretty weird dude. If you have time google some "Zack Greinke interviews" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I agree. He probably has like 1 beat writer and KC Sports personalities are pretty tame. Throwing him into Boston, New York or Chicago would be insane.

Mea culpa. In January, I was still in shock from my football team not being in the playoffs. I had trouble focusing and paying attention to baseball news in particular Royals news. I should have sought council from a jets fan.

Forget all that. Anyway, did you notice the large jumps after the next 2 seasons? D. Moore, the KC GM is a smart guy. Hope he knew what he's doing here.

Forget all that. Anyway, did you notice the large jumps after the next 2 seasons? D. Moore, the KC GM is a smart guy. Hope he knew what he's doing here.

Drayton came up in the Atlanta system so hopefully he learned something.

If Greinke is for real and continues to play at this level, he should be able to bring a lot of prospects next summer if they want to trade him before he gets expensive.

Plus, they sunk $250 million to upgrade the stadium. KC averaged 17-20K with crappy teams and a low amenity stadium. If they can keep the team near .500, they should be able to bring some money in. Also, Jose Guillen is signed through 2010 and his $12 million per will come off the books as Grienke goes up a lot.

Archived