The Mets.

PS17

As many of you know, I am a die-hard Yankee fan. Many Yankee fans hate the Mets, however, I do not. I think it's great when both New York teams are doing well, its electric for the city.

That being said, I am SHOCKED at how well they are doing, with hit after hit after hit after hit to their lineup, and pitching. I thought when Perez crapped the bed, that would set back the rotation. When Putz got injured, their bullpen would slow down. When Reyes & Delgado went out for significant time, other guys picked up the slack. Now Beltran is gone too. Doesn't matter, the Mets keep winning.

If you were to tell me that they would remain competitive, and be very much in the hunt for the division with all these injuries, I would have called you crazy. They just won 2 of 3 against a VERY good St. Louis team, looking to take 3 of 4 tonight.

Keep fighting, Metsies.

i'm shocked too. with all these injuries you hope that the team can hang in there and stay close till the troops get back. they're doing it, but we could really use some of the guys back......and a deadline pick-up as well......if we're gonna have a chance for the play-offs.

i'm shocked too. with all these injuries you hope that the team can hang in there and stay close till the troops get back. they're doing it, but we could really use some of the guys back......and a deadline pick-up as well......if we're gonna have a chance for the play-offs.

I think Cora said it but F' that " till the troops get back " garbage. Just go out there and win. So far they've been doing just that. Last nights game towards the end looked like the Bisons team I saw in May out here. :)

I think Cora said it but F' that " till the troops get back " garbage. Just go out there and win. So far they've been doing just that. Last nights game towards the end looked like the Bisons team I saw in May out here. :)

you can say F that all you want. 1 or 2 injuries i say ok. but when you have this many key injuries it's tough to overcome.

I don't know..I mean, the Mets are playing under .500 ball this month...and only the crappy play of the Phillies are keeping them in the game. The problem is, that with all these injuries this team can not go on a 7 out of 10 run or better, which they would need...all they are doing is barely staying afloat...

i mean, with all the injuries I have no problem excusing this season so far, but...the idea that they are doing well is a little skewed.

Archived