RIP Steve McNair

JoeC36

Forget about that Verde. I want you to respond to my post regarding your claim that being unfaithful to your wife automatically means you are a bad parent.

She won't, because it makes no sense (her side).

You can be a great father and be unfaithful to your wife. Two different situations. You don't have to live in the same household to be a great parent, either.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, settle down, no need for some of this at all. The man is dead, regardless of mistakes he made in his life (We all make mistakes) the fact of the matter is he did not deserve this, no one does. Some of the garbage posted in this thread is actually unbelievable.

He was only human, like the rest of us and wasn't perfect but he'll be missed by many people and it's a shame that he was taken so young. He was a great football player too, loved watching him play.

RIP Air McNair.

Forget about that Verde. I want you to respond to my post regarding your claim that being unfaithful to your wife automatically means you are a bad parent.

I'm happy that it worked out for you but more often than not, it's a recipe for disaster and things end badly. For all of the happy endings, I'd be willing to bet there are (at least) quadruple the amount of unhappy ones. Glad for you, though.

Guys, settle down, no need for some of this at all. The man is dead, regardless of mistakes he made in his life (We all make mistakes) the fact of the matter is he did not deserve this, no one does. Some of the garbage posted in this thread is actually unbelievable.

He was only human, like the rest of us and wasn't perfect but he'll be missed by many people and it's a shame that he was taken so young. He was a great football player too, loved watching him play.

RIP Air McNair.

This thread has taken a nasty turn.

Exceptions don't disproves the rule.

Also 124, do you think you are untouchable? Calling people out like that is against the rules and the mods are ban happy. I would watch. I don't want to see you banned.

Won't happen

Of course it wont happen, some people get banned or put on "time out" for mild political banter while others are allowed to run amok typing whatever it is they want.

Of course it wont happen, some people get banned or put on "time out" for mild political banter while others are allowed to run amok typing whatever it is they want.

Some people are untouchable it seems.

RIP Air McNair.

The only person in this thread who is getting bent into a pretzel is 124. The rest of this thread isn't any different than any other where opinions are injected.

Indeed. This thread should be locked and the key should be thrown into Upper Lough Erne.

Why are you all so sensitive, we're all gonna kiss and makeup by the end of the day. As soon as the discussions in a thread get a little heated it's locked. its like we cant talk about anything without feeling like we're typing on eggshells around here. :baby:

Personal attacks aside, i think debates should be allowed to escalate as long as it doesnt disrespect any of the members here. Locking every thread when it gets a lil heated is *****fying the site IMO.

I didn't go off on a rant and do 4 incorrect things in 10 minutes like you did.

The only person in this thread who is getting bent into a pretzel is 124. The rest of this thread isn't any different than any other where opinions are injected.

Yes, because you clearly didn't send a personal attack my way first. Get real. :rl:

I'm happy that it worked out for you but more often than not, it's a recipe for disaster and things end badly. For all of the happy endings, I'd be willing to bet there are (at least) quadruple the amount of unhappy ones. Glad for you, though.

Actually, I disagree with this as well. I know a lot of people whose parents were divorced and in most cases cheating preceded the divorce. Also in most cases, neither parent was a bad parent.

I have friends who are divorced with kids and with very few exceptions, they are all great parents.

This includes one friend of mine who is an enormous scumbag where women are concerned. This guy treats women like complete dirt. He is so bad that the funniest story in the world is when this guy wound up losing his fiance over his belief that she was cheating on him with John Elway (long story, true and funny as hell.)

But, this guy is a great father to his son.

Actually, I disagree with this as well. I know a lot of people whose parents were divorced and in most cases cheating preceded the divorce. Also in most cases, neither parent was a bad parent.

I have friends who are divorced with kids and with very few exceptions, they are all great parents.

This includes one friend of mine who is an enormous scumbag where women are concerned. This guy treats women like complete dirt. He is so bad that the funniest story in the world is when this guy wound up losing his fiance over his belief that she was cheating on him with John Elway (long story, true and funny as hell.)

Ok. Fabulous story. :roll: So let's agree to disagree.

No he isn't. He is dead. As a direct result of his cheating. His selfishness took those kid's father away.

No he isn't. He is dead. As a direct result of his cheating. His selfishness took those kid's father away.

So he's dead because he "cheated" while in the process of divorce? Sorry, but that isn't cheating. When you're in the process of divorce both parties can move foward with their lives.

Since when? Nothing has been confirmed that she shot and killed him or an ex boyfriend of hers or something like that. Nothing.

Just because he had 4 gunshot wounds and she had 1 doesn't mean she killed him.

Until proven, we'll never know.

I wasn't talking about Steve McNair there. I was talking about my friend who wound up destroying a relationship over his mistaken belief that his fiance was cheating on him with John Elway.

Why are you all so sensitive, we're all gonna kiss and makeup by the end of the day. As soon as the discussions in a thread get a little heated it's locked. its like we cant talk about anything without feeling like we're typing on eggshells aroundhere. :baby:

This thread is absolutely shocking, I don't give a **** what you say stating otherwise.

I don't see where it's appropiate to speculate to a ridiculous extent about a guy who was just killed, it's not respectful IMO, at least not until all the facts come out. We don't know what kind of relationship McNair had with his wife or with his kids so would you all stop acting like you ****ing know all there is to know about the man.

Klecko said earlier, cheating on your husband/wife doesn't necessarily make you a bad parent, there are different factor which will influence different people.

Argue all you want but I don't see where personal attacks about people's views on life and speculative judgements made about a deceased man are appropiate in a thread created to pay respect to a great football player.

After you bashed my life.

Short term memory loss?

Don't spin, Joe. I NEVER bashed your life. I disagreed with your perspective on life.. based on this and very similar arguments.

Retorting by calling me an uppity little bitch is very mature though.

I didn't go off on a rant and do 4 incorrect things in 10 minutes like you did.

What are you talking about? I got banned for questioning how Tim Hassebeck has a job on ESPN and saying "Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a conservative B word". I used the F word, but who on this site doesnt. i didnt personally attack anyone, and i didnt think it shouldve yielded a ban for the simple fact that I've seen worse stuff typed on here. But that is water under the bridge now, the fact still remains you cant give preferential treatment to some and bring the hammer down on others. It sets a bad example.

Argue all you want but I don't see where personal attacks about people's views on life and speculative judgements made about a deceased man are appropiate in a thread created to pay respect to a great football player.

Thank you IJ. It was uncalled for what Verde & DLJ said. Uncalled for. I only reacted harshly when forced upon unlike DLJ who will just bash everyone as if her existence is so perfect.

This thread is absolutely shocking, I don't give a **** what you say stating otherwise.

I don't see where it's appropiate to speculate to a ridiculous extent about a guy who was just killed, it's not respectful IMO, at least not until all the facts come out. We don't know what kind of relationship McNair had with his wife or with his kids so would you all stop acting like you ****ing know all there is to know about the man.

Klecko said earlier, cheating on your husband/wife doesn't necessarily make you a bad parent, there are different factor which will influence different people.

Well said.

What are you talking about? I got banned for questioning how Tim Hassebeck has a job on ESPN and saying "Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a conservative B word". I used the F word, but who on this site doesnt. i didnt personally attack anyone, and i didnt think it shouldve yielded a ban for the simple fact that I've seen worse stuff typed on here. But that is water under the bridge now, the fact still remains you cant give preferential treatment to some and bring the hammer down on others. It sets a bad example.

You did 4 incorrect things in 10 minutes, according to the person who banned you. 3 curses and something else, I guess it had to do with Hasselbeck but I wasn't around that day.

Archived