YES Network got rid of the wrong Radio Host

MagicBizkit87

Watching Yes on television was so peaceful without this moron on the network. He actually said earlier that he'd rather see Boston get Doc, because if the Yankees got him, he thinks it would be too much for the Yankees.

He's basically saying it wouldn't be bad if the Red Sox got him, like they're some small market team who don't buy huge contracts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this guy said a million times in the past that he's a Yankee fan, yet he says he'd rather see Halladay go to Boston, or Tampa.

Yes needs to do all they can do to get Dog back, because this guy is an idiot. At least when Dog talked he had the common sense to know what he was talking about, all this guy does is shove doughnuts in his mouth, and talk stupid.

He's said worse stuff.

Dog had no reason to be on NY radio, he's a SF Giants fan. They both suck without each other. Francesa figured that out and turned real bitter real quick. He either makes you feel like an ass hole for stating the obvious or just rips you to shreds for wasting his time. I don't know why people call in to tell you the truth.

You might get 2-3 callers who end on a positive not a day. But I can tune in and watch him guzzle diet cokes while wearing a stethoscope from the 60's if the people are dumb enough to call in. I love it when he gets frustrated with callers and does his 'cut em' motion.

And its WCBS's decision not the YES network.

Dog's radio station on Sirius is listed as 3rd LEAST listened station on Sirius. Out of 120 some odd stations. :rl:

They both suck.

Not when they're together. They had a chemistry that made you tune in every day. I don't know what it was, maybe it was because you never favored one over the other. You didn't know which one to hate more.

He's said worse stuff.

Dog had no reason to be on NY radio, he's a SF Giants fan. They both suck without each other. Francesa figured that out and turned real bitter real quick. He either makes you feel like an ass hole for stating the obvious or just rips you to shreds for wasting his time. I don't know why people call in to tell you the truth.

You might get 2-3 callers who end on a positive not a day. But I can tune in and watch him guzzle diet cokes while wearing a stethoscope from the 60's if the people are dumb enough to call in. I love it when he gets frustrated with callers and does his 'cut em' motion.

And its WCBS's decision not the YES network.

I know he's said worse stuff, but this little vacation we had from his retarded-ness actually made me forget how stupid he really is.

The thing about Fatcessa is a radio show with just him, you'll fall asleep from the boredom he gives you, because he seriously doesn't belong on the air. Plus he basically calls you stupid when you have an opinion different from his.

Dog on the other hand was far from boring, he was loud and c0cky, and always got his opinion out, I don't think he ever called a listener stupid for having a different opinion, he's just very loud, and hilarious.

The both of them together, and it was a pretty good listen, but Francessa especially alone is like jumping off the George Washington.

I know he's said worse stuff, but this little vacation we had from his retarded-ness actually made me forget how stupid he really is.

The thing about Fatcessa is a radio show with just him, you'll fall asleep from the boredom he gives you, because he seriously doesn't belong on the air. Plus he basically calls you stupid when you have an opinion different from his.

Dog on the other hand was far from boring, he was loud and c0cky, and always got his opinion out, I don't think he ever called a listener stupid for having a different opinion, he's just very loud, and hilarious.

The both of them together, and it was a pretty good listen, but Francessa especially alone is like jumping off the George Washington.

Its also mid summer, its always brutal on WFAN mid summer. Theres nothing to talk about, you just gotta hope your team whether its the Mets or Yankees, isn't doing bad. Cause if they are, its painful.

Dog quit WFAN to start his own station on satellite radio. Nobody was fired.

I agree that their partnership made each better. But I really couldn't stand Dog when he was on his own and prefer Mike solo-wise. But Mike needs to get a partner.

I hated Mike and the Mad Dog. Both were and are dooshies.

but no matter what i think, there are plenty of people who still listen to Francesa.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/2009/07/wfan_tops_morning_afternoon_dr.html

WFAN tops morning, afternoon drive radio ratings

In February, Mike Francesa memorably challenged 1050 ESPN to

Yes Network regardless should take this dumbass off yesnetwork though, and put someone on there who actually knows sports, and doesn't bandwagon for teams like this guy. I can't believe anybody is able to put up with this guy, and people actually like this guy on the radio more then Mike & Mike. I love listening to them, but this tubby is horrible on the air.

Not when they're together. They had a chemistry that made you tune in every day. I don't know what it was, maybe it was because you never favored one over the other. You didn't know which one to hate more.

Really? The few times I tuned in I hated them both, equally. They both sucked and both never talked about anything else accept Baseball, Tennis and Golf. The radio shows they had on MSG 5-7 years ago (anyone else remember those? They were the first to be on TV) 10x better.

Yes Network regardless should take this dumbass off yesnetwork though, and put someone on there who actually knows sports, and doesn't bandwagon for teams like this guy. I can't believe anybody is able to put up with this guy, and people actually like this guy on the radio more then Mike & Mike. I love listening to them, but this tubby is horrible on the air.

The only other option for YES is Michael Kay and he is the worst.

Why not use Kim Jones, or Adam the Bull then? They took over for Boomer, and Carton a little while ago, and they weren't that bad, and far better then Fatty ever was.

I actually think Adam the Bull is one of the best voices on FAN. The problem is the only sports radio shows on in New York at that time are Mike'd Up and Michael Kay.

FAN isn't going to get rid of Mike if his ratings are this good. However, they should consider finding him a partner just to hear a different voice. The rumored co-hosts include Kim Jones, Evan Roberts, Joe Benigno and Max Kellerman.

I actually think Adam the Bull is one of the best voices on FAN. The problem is the only sports radio shows on in New York at that time are Mike'd Up and Michael Kay.

FAN isn't going to get rid of Mike if his ratings are this good. However, they should consider finding him a partner just to hear a different voice. The rumored co-hosts include Kim Jones, Evan Roberts, Joe Benigno and Max Kellerman.

Mike needs a Yankee hater to be his co-host, because for my money, that was what made the show so good. The constant back and forth between the two as Dog came across as the tortured Yankee hater and Mike the ****y Yankee fan.

I think people give Mike a hard time, he has good sources and doesn't kiss ass like every single host on ESPN. Kay is the worst shill for a team on the radio it is embarrassing for me, as a Yankee fan, to watch.

None of the ESPN guys are willing to say something that will cost them interviews. Mike doesn't care, if David Wright gets mad at him and won't come on the show it doesn't influence him. Not too many people in any medium are willing to do that.

That's who I'd want. I could see him driving Fatty bat **** crazy.

Personally I love Kellerman because he doesn't hide his agenda and fully admits being a Yankee lover. The only issue I see is the fatty talks other sports that Kellerman just rips, like golf.

I actually really dislike Mike and find him to be condescending to his listeners. While I can admire him being perceived as a guy who "doesnt' care who you are" to stars and what not, I'd think perhaps he'd treat people who have made him the star is with more respect. Most the time he sounds like a disenchanted angry old man. I'm 27 so I gave my hand at listening to him when Kellerman went off the air, did about a month, and just couldn't listen anymore.

That's who I'd want. I could see him driving Fatty bat **** crazy.

Personally I love Kellerman because he doesn't hide his agenda and fully admits being a Yankee lover. The only issue I see is the fatty talks other sports that Kellerman just rips, like golf.

I actually really dislike Mike and find him to be condescending to his listeners. While I can admire him being perceived as a guy who "doesnt' care who you are" to stars and what not, I'd think perhaps he'd treat people who have made him the star is with more respect. Most the time he sounds like a disenchanted angry old man. I'm 27 so I gave my hand at listening to him when Kellerman went off the air, did about a month, and just couldn't listen anymore.

Kellermann could make Fatcessa look like a moron just like he used to abuse Woody Paige on Around the Horn, a show which has never recovered in his absence.

Kellermann could make Fatcessa look like a moron just like he used to abuse Woody Paige on Around the Horn, a show which has never recovered in his absence.

Ahhh... I loved it when he'd rip on Paige. Kellerman is an arrogant prick, but he is fully aware of it and admits it. I guess to me that makes him more entertaining. Being on the west coast his midday show was my "morning" show. Like I said I tried Francessa and Benigno (SP?) and Roberts to cover that time... and man did I just not enjoy the FAN's lineup. I'm also not a fan of BT and Cowherd.

Yet, you seemingly continue to listen and listen.

If something bothers me on the radio, I don't listen to it.

I think WFAN actually care about their ratings.

Whats wrong with Adam The Bull? He's better on the air, then Francessa will ever be. Kim Jones, yeah I guess I went a little too far with that one, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Bull.

Francessa also never likes to admit when he's wrong as well, which also happens quite often. Like when he wanted the Yankees to trade for David Dejesus, because Melky, and Gardner were useless. Meanwhile, both those two have higher batting averages then Dejesus right now.

Yet, you seemingly continue to listen and listen.

If something bothers me on the radio, I don't listen to it.

Actually, no, I rarely if ever listen to this guy, I was just flicking through the channels and he was talking about how Doc Halladay to the Yankees would be horrible, and he'd rather see him in Boston. So I got a good chuckle out of that. The only radio hosts I really listen to are Mike & Mike. Sometimes in a blue moon I'll give Colin Cowherd a listen.

Actually, no, I rarely if ever listen to this guy, I was just flicking through the channels and he was talking about how Doc Halladay to the Yankees would be horrible, and he'd rather see him in Boston. So I got a good chuckle out of that. The only radio hosts I really listen to are Mike & Mike. Sometimes in a blue moon I'll give Colin Cowherd a listen.

Then, how would you know he "never" admits he is wrong :)

I find Mike informative, even though I do not always agree with his points or perspective. Just like life with people.

If you ever find anyone you agree with 100%, marry them. Even if they are same sex.

Then, how would you know he "never" admits he is wrong :)

I find Mike informative, even though I do not always agree with his points or perspective. Just like life with people.

If you ever find anyone you agree with 100%, marry them. Even if they are same sex.

Yesnetwork forum is how I know he never admits he's wrong.

Archived