Breaking News: Lee & Francisco to Phillies Pending Physical

Vudu

Per ESPN

Source: Phils to get Lee from Indians

Comment Email Print Share

By Jayson Stark

ESPN.com

Archive

The Philadelphia Phillies and Cleveland Indians agreed to a trade that would bring Cliff Lee to the NL East leaders along with outfielder Ben Francisco for four minor-leaguers, according to a baseball source.

MLB Rumor Central

ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the Major League Baseball rumor mill.

Story

Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, Single-A righty Jason Knapp, catcher Lou Marson -- the likely heir apparent to Victor Martinez -- and shortstop Jason Donald will be sent to Cleveland.

The trade is pending physical exams.

The Phillies wouldn't be required to give up pitcher J.A. Happ or the three prospects they balked at trading for Halladay -- outfielders Dominic Brown and Michael Taylor, and pitcher Kyle Drabek.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4363553

I wonder how this trade will affect Halladay. If JP Riccardi has to trade him it looks like the Red Sox are the leaders. Might turn into a bidding war between the Yanks and Sox.

I DO NOT want to see him with the Sox. That frightens the living hell out of me. Cause if they make the post season... eesh.

I wonder how this trade will affect Halladay. If JP Riccardi has to trade him it looks like the Red Sox are the leaders. Might turn into a bidding war between the Yanks and Sox.

Riccardi doesn't have to trade Halladay. He's under contract for another year. There is absolultely no need to move him now. Plus, I think Halladay vetoes a trade to the Red Sox anyway.

Riccardi doesn't have to trade Halladay. He's under contract for another year. There is absolultely no need to move him now. Plus, I think Halladay vetoes a trade to the Red Sox anyway.

why do you think he vetoes a trade to the sox? the sox are a perennial WS contender playing in a great baseball town.

So they refused to trade Lee to the Yankees without getting Joba or Hughes, but took bullsh*t from the Phillies?

Seriously WTF. How did they not give up any of their four best prospects? It'd be like the Yankees getting Lee without giving up Hughes, Joba, Montero, or Jackson.

Seriously WTF. How did they not give up any of their four best prospects? It'd be like the Yankees getting Lee without giving up Hughes, Joba, Montero, or Jackson.

From Baseball America:

TOP TEN

PROSPECTS

1. Dominic Brown, of

2. Carlos Carrasco, rhp

3. Lou Marson, c

4. Jason Donald, ss

5. Kyle Drabek, rhp

6. Michael Taylor, of

7. Travis D'Arnaud, c

8. Zach Collier, of

9. J.A. Happ, lhp

10. Jason Knapp, rhp

From everything I read, the Indians got a pretty decent haul. Not sure if it'll be like when they traded Colon, but only time will tell.

From Baseball America:

TOP TEN

PROSPECTS

1. Dominic Brown, of

2. Carlos Carrasco, rhp

3. Lou Marson, c

4. Jason Donald, ss

5. Kyle Drabek, rhp

6. Michael Taylor, of

7. Travis D'Arnaud, c

8. Zach Collier, of

9. J.A. Happ, lhp

10. Jason Knapp, rhp

From everything I read, the Indians got a pretty decent haul. Not sure if it'll be like when they traded Colon, but only time will tell.

Thanks. I inferred from the ESPN article that Brown, Taylor, and Drabek were its top three prospects.

From doing some research though, seems like the Indians got a decent enough return. I'm not sure what they saw--or BA sees--in Jason Donald though. Pushing 25, .629 OPS in AAA....

Archived