James Camerons 'Avatar' Trailer out today

SouthernJet

Avatar: James Cameron unveils trailer for 3-D movie

The trailer for Avatar, James Cameron's highly anticipated 3-D movie, will be unveiled online on Thursday on the Apple website.

By Subhajit Banerjee

Published: 12:40PM BST 20 Aug 2009

Previous1 of 2 ImagesNext

Apple's trailers site is counting down to the 'teaser trailer debut' of the latest offering from the director of Titanic and The Abyss, scheduled for 3pm.

A 15-minute screening of the trailer will also be held in cinemas and Imax theatres across the country on Friday including those in London, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Manchester and Sheffield.

Avatar is a science fiction film scheduled for a worldwide release on December 18, 2009 and will be Cameron's first major offering since 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.

The film - starring Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver and Zoe Salda

I wonder if this is why M. Night Shyamalan had to name his "Avatar" movie The Last Air Bender.

Loved Sixth Sense, liked Unbreakable, but he's been on a steep and steady slide downward ever since. The Happening literally falls into the category of, "so bad it's good." Ed Wood made better films.

Loved Sixth Sense, liked Unbreakable, but he's been on a steep and steady slide downward ever since. The Happening literally falls into the category of, "so bad it's good." Ed Wood made better films.

Sixth sense scared the hell out of me. I actually stopped pumping popcorn into my mouth during that movie for about 4 seconds. haven't happened since.

I wonder if this is why M. Night Shyamalan had to name his "Avatar" movie The Last Air Bender.

It's same thing. It's from the Anime Avatar: The Last Air Bender. It's pretty good for an American Anime.

No - Avatar: The Last Airbender is actually the name of the show that movie is based on. A pretty cool anime, actually.

I know that but I would think that Avatar would be more recognizable than The Last Air Bender and they would go with that unless there was some reason why they couldn't.

he saw 2 minute trailer,,all these articles are about the 16 minute trailer only shown live on 3D or 3D IMAX screens

Insert your own 2 minute vs 16 minute joke here?

Seriously though, just watched the trailer on quicktime... Looks pretty, but another one that's not getting my $10 so quickly.

Insert your own 2 minute vs 16 minute joke here?

Seriously though, just watched the trailer on quicktime... Looks pretty, but another one that's not getting my $10 so quickly.

If you read article, all who saw 2D vs 3D trailer say a huge leap in 3D technology here and the 3D blows people away to ppoint where they said base don 2D 'eh', but the 3D has them wanting to see flick..

If you read article, all who saw 2D vs 3D trailer say a huge leap in 3D technology here and the 3D blows people away to ppoint where they said base don 2D 'eh', but the 3D has them wanting to see flick..

Yeah, looks really pretty as I said... I have a short attention span for stuff like that, and something tells me this isn't an 85 minute movie... Shoot a film on Hi8 and I'll watch it if you have a great story.

Yeah, looks really pretty as I said... I have a short attention span for stuff like that, and something tells me this isn't an 85 minute movie... Shoot a film on Hi8 and I'll watch it if you have a great story.

again..you havent seen in 3D theater or IMAX, a QT cant do justice..If i see I will post what I think..sometimes a leap in tech is great 1st time, then u get bored..

If u like stories go to Independent movies..greater chance of success there :D

again..you havent seen in 3D theater or IMAX, a QT cant do justice..If i see I will post what I think..sometimes a leap in tech is great 1st time, then u get bored..

If u like stories go to Independent movies..greater chance of success there :D

Usually do.

I don't claim that my tastes fall in line with financial success or others interest in a film, just my tastes.

Archived