Where's the guy?

CrazyCarl40

Who said it wouldn't be long until the Rays would overtake Boston for 2nd place? I can't remember who it was. Where is he now?

2 out of 3 in Florida says the Rays are done. Red Sox and Rangers vying for the WC. Going to be tough for Texas.

Tampa is just laying down like dogs. Shameful, really. I'm not ready to count them out though.

Carl - question: Say the Sox do make the postseason, how far could they possibly go with Beckett pitching as poorly as he has?

Tampa is just laying down like dogs. Shameful, really. I'm not ready to count them out though.

Carl - question: Say the Sox do make the postseason, how far could they possibly go with Beckett pitching as poorly as he has?

About 3 or 4 games.

Even if Beckett returns to form and Lester and Bucholz continue to pitch, their offense is too streaky.

They are not built for a long run. They will lose some close games and bow out ungracefully.

OR

They could win it all.....gotta be in it

They could.

Beckett, Lester and Bucholz need to be solid and consistent.

Their bullpen needs to be solid.

Their offense needs to be better and mroe consistent.

Their 2009 track record suggests otherwise. I am not too concerned with the starters in a short series. Their bullpen is good, but has blown things up on ocassion. Paps has walked a thin line all season. The offense has too many 1-4 guys in the line-up.

In a short series, they can have enough breakdowns to lose three close games.

Beckett is obviously a huge key to the Red Sox postseason success. They have to hope he figures it out or a dominant Dice-K (pipe dream) returns.

[quote name='Blackout

Archived