Woman shoots 2 holes-in-one in same round

LoneStarLady

And she's 64 years old. There's still hope, afo! :biggrin:

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10089352?GT1=39002#

Retired 64-year-old shoots 2 holes-in-one

WHITLEY BAY, England (AP) - Ruth Day, a 64-year-old retired widow from northern England, had the day of her life on the golf course last week.

Day managed to shoot two holes-in-one in the same round at Whitley Bay Golf Club, where she is a member.

"A hole in one in itself is usually pretty amazing," Day said in Friday's edition of The Journal, a local newspaper in northeast England. "But I couldn't believe it when I did the same thing 10 holes further on."

Day carded her first ace on the 149-yard third hole last Wednesday. Day, who has a handicap of 35, added the second on the 161-yard 13th.

"The first time it happened, my friend was the one saying 'It's going in. It's going in,' but I was relatively ambivalent," Day said. "Then the lads in front put their thumbs up to say it had gone in. I was pleased because it was my first hole in one.

"It was the second one that was really amazing because it was a more difficult hole. We saw it turn and then we went searching for it round the back to see where it was. We couldn't find it, and after a while we found it - in the hole."

Day said she has been playing golf for about 10 years, but had never before had a hole-in-one.

"Some people go through their whole life and never get a hole in one," Day said. "I think there's only a very small number of people around the world who have done it twice in one round."

And she's 64 years old. There's still hope, afo! :biggrin:

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10089352?GT1=39002#

Retired 64-year-old shoots 2 holes-in-one

WHITLEY BAY, England (AP) - Ruth Day, a 64-year-old retired widow from northern England, had the day of her life on the golf course last week.

Day managed to shoot two holes-in-one in the same round at Whitley Bay Golf Club, where she is a member.

"A hole in one in itself is usually pretty amazing," Day said in Friday's edition of The Journal, a local newspaper in northeast England. "But I couldn't believe it when I did the same thing 10 holes further on."

Day carded her first ace on the 149-yard third hole last Wednesday. Day, who has a handicap of 35, added the second on the 161-yard 13th.

"The first time it happened, my friend was the one saying 'It's going in. It's going in,' but I was relatively ambivalent," Day said. "Then the lads in front put their thumbs up to say it had gone in. I was pleased because it was my first hole in one.

"It was the second one that was really amazing because it was a more difficult hole. We saw it turn and then we went searching for it round the back to see where it was. We couldn't find it, and after a while we found it - in the hole."

Day said she has been playing golf for about 10 years, but had never before had a hole-in-one.

"Some people go through their whole life and never get a hole in one," Day said. "I think there's only a very small number of people around the world who have done it twice in one round."

In my next life i'm coming back as a woman.....

Archived