The play that lost us the game.

MikeJetsWord

... Came on the first drive. Ronnie Brown's pass out of the wildcat for that big gain to Fasano I think it was, was a great play. Not only did it get them a good gain, but it also put the defense on its heels for the rest of the game. It now made them think, at least a little bit forcing them to react as opposed to attack, and I think it was a great call by Sporano. Of course that play did not put us away and there hundreds of opportunities for us to win that game, but I definitely think it was a reason for why the defense didn't play as expected.

Wait, I thought it was the Interference call in our favor that resulted in a TD on the next play?

Sarcasm aside, I tend to agree. It was early, but like you said kept the D on their heels. And gone was our big bad d's attitude that won us our 3 games so far.

The biggest play of the game was Drew Coleman's awful coverage on the 3rd and 7 from the 31 yard line at the 2 min warning. Thats the difference between a 47 yard FG and 1st and 10 from the 23.

This. Was the play that lost the game for us. LITO WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

I think it was the Dwight Lowery 10 yard hook coverage lapse enabling camarillo to get the first down for a first and goal, but Coleman's was pretty terrible too.

I WANT STRICKLAND!!!!!

I WANT LITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. That's the play I thought you were talking about. Either way, they both sucked. And we need our corners back...

actually..this is a good point. because when pat white came in.......this is what was in the back of their heads.......and those 2 plays with white in pretty much nailed our coffin towards the end there.

Exactly...

My point is, if they came out and did a run and we stuffed it, or even if they got a big gain, they would have still played as aggressively as they normally would. But because they got caught early in the game, and it was a shocking start to them, I definitely think it had a huge influence on the way they approached the wildcat, and the Miami offense in general for the rest of the game.

... Came on the first drive. Ronnie Brown's pass out of the wildcat for that big gain to Fasano I think it was, was a great play. Not only did it get them a good gain, but it also put the defense on its heels for the rest of the game. It now made them think, at least a little bit forcing them to react as opposed to attack, and I think it was a great call by Sporano. Of course that play did not put us away and there hundreds of opportunities for us to win that game, but I definitely think it was a reason for why the defense didn't play as expected.

good point, but you'd think after 3 1/2 more quarters we'd figure things out.

actually..this is a good point. because when pat white came in.......this is what was in the back of their heads.......and those 2 plays with white in pretty much nailed our coffin towards the end there.

A pair of 5 yard runs from the 40 and 35 did you in? Hmm... How about Henne's two perfect throws on those third downs to Camarillo? How about Ronnie's touchdown on third down? It was our two primetime performers, not Pat White.

Archived