LOL @ the Dodgers

Blackout

the only coach in MLB HISTORY to blow a playoff series when leading 3-0, has now lost back to back ALCS's to the Phillies

will Manny opt out? I'm betting the Doders WISH he would so they can get that 25 million back that he's stealing from them

One thing I heard Gammons say surprised me. Torre apparently is less than overjoyed by the front office and ownership of the Dodgers and expects to "retire" after 2010. Seems like a classic case of the other side of the fence being greener-until you get to the other side of the fence. Recall he took less money to manage the Dodgers for 2 years than the Yanks were offering for only 1 year. Suspect either way he has enough money and some easy TV work lined up that he will have a great retirement followed by a trip to Cooperstown.And if he can bring himself to get over any lingering bitterness he will rightly have a spot for his #6 in Monument Park when he calls it quits. Suspect given the easy money he can make as a retired "Yankee manager" he spoke in the Steinbrenner Yankeeopgraphy a few months back, so suspect he's become wise to the idea that what ever he think of how he left the Bronx he's savvy enough to let it go.

Archived