Boone; Is It Sunday Yet?

SoFlaJets

That's the prevailing feeling I got from the way the Jets were talking today.

While they weren't exactly peeking past the Bills and Raiders these past two weeks, there's no doubt they're anxious for a little bit of revenge against their AFC East divisional foe from South Florida.

"If you get beat and whipped or whatever you want to say, like we did that Monday night," Rex Ryan said, "if we would have played Minnesota, Chicago or somebody like that, you may have to wait four years for that opportunity again. The great thing about this one is it's right now. It's happening now. They've only played one game and they get us again.

"So we'll see. And again, I think we felt -- every man in that room felt, I know I did -- that I wanted this opportunity again."

CB Darrelle Revis said: "We've been waiting for them. It

Even without Cotchery, we've run the ball for over 300 yards in two consecutive games which is very impressive to say the least. Miami is going to have to stack the box in order to stop us, leaving Cotchery and Clowney in single coverage. A healthy Cotchery makes us a much better football team...

but this game is going to prove a lot about ourselves. If we win this game and convincingly, everyone's confidence will go up tremendously. If we lose, we will make it almost impossible for ourselves to make the playoffs.

Even without Cotchery, we've run the ball for over 300 yards in two consecutive games which is very impressive to say the least. Miami is going to have to stack the box in order to stop us, leaving Cotchery and Clowney in single coverage. A healthy Cotchery makes us a much better football team...

but this game is going to prove a lot about ourselves. If we win this game and convincingly, everyone's confidence will go up tremendously. If we lose, we will make it almost impossible for ourselves to make the playoffs.

You have to take care of your division first. The Jets have already lost two division games (Miami on the road, and Buffalo at home), and still have to play NE in the Beliarena. Miami is a MUST win. You can't go 2-4 in your division and expect to be playing in the middle of January.

Archived