The Official NE Patriot vs Miami DolPHAG gameday thread

Thai Jet

No reason to be upset at this loss. New England is a flat out better team than Miami. They were coming off a bye week, and it showed. We were absolutely dominated in the trenches.

In an regard, this game showed the Phins are a few players and maybe a couple years away from being elite.

One thing is for sure. I'm totally jealous of the Dolphins DB situation. I thought those rookies would get completely abused all game long but they hung in there and made some great plays.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing is for sure. I'm totally jealous of the Dolphins DB situation. I thought those rookies would get completely abused all game long but they hung in there and made some great plays.

I agree. Those two guys make me smile. We have some killer corners for years. Me likes.

Shawn, the Jets CAN'T SHARE 1ST PLACE with Miami. That's the point.

Even if tied, the Fins are the team in 1st because of the tiebreaker. On the other hand, a tie between the Jets & Pats means the Jets are in 1st because the Jets would own the tiebreaker.

Don't you get it?

Absolutely not. Rooting for the Pats yesterday was FOR THE DIVISION. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Wild Card.

124 explained it clearer than anyone else.

It is a moot point now but this is the way I was looking at it yesterday.

It would be easier for the Jets to trail Miami by a game (because Miami owns the tie breaker) than would be for the Jets to make up two games on New England.

If the Jets go 6-2 in the second half of the season New England has to go 4-4 and as much as I hate New England I don't see them playing 500 ball the rest of the season.

If New England goes 5-3 (A little more possible) the Jets would have to go 7-1.

6-2 for New England the Jets have to win out.

I doesn't really matter though now. The Jets are two games out and are bascially going to have to run the table or go 7-1 to have any chance of winning the division.

It is a moot point now but this is the way I was looking at it yesterday.

It would be easier for the Jets to trail Miami by a game (because Miami owns the tie breaker) than would be for the Jets to make up two games on New England.

If the Jets go 6-2 in the second half of the season New England has to go 4-4 and as much as I hate New England I don't see them playing 500 ball the rest of the season.

If New England goes 5-3 (A little more possible) the Jets would have to go 7-1.

6-2 for New England the Jets have to win out.

I doesn't really matter though now. The Jets are two games out and are bascially going to have to run the table or go 7-1 to have any chance of winning the division.

i think we should be paying more attention to wildcard scenarios as opposed to division title scenarios..

Archived