draft fever ???

bitonti

scratch that itch

so there's an annoying 125 * 200 (ish) space at the lower left side of the site...

browse browse browse - surfin the web

ah ha!!!

now this is a great action photo

whitehurst-lg.jpg

note random desperate OL man hand on Shawne Merrimans family jewels -

- also note the look on Merriman's face -

oh yeah - QB makin like an episode of Oz! what a bitch - i'd say more but obviously there are better men (i.e. JN perverts) than I to do the job...

still the front page needs content...

a couple nips and tucks later... (and a theft from the baltimore herald chronicle tribune sun times :lol:

shawneMerriman_icon.jpg

hey hey!

now all i gotta do is write his spotlight ... :roll:

the moral of the story is to show how just a couple minutes can be productively spent

DD.com is busier than a one legged man in an asskicking contest - i'm usually too busy trying to put up and create systems to run the site that i don't have time for actual content -

if any strong minded and well written draft fan wants to chip in, now would be the time.

there are first day prospects to be interviewed, spotlights to be written - team needs to be updated -

2500 unique visits a day and counting - up from 800 in Jan and 1500 in Feb

i can't offer much in terms of actual compensation...

but i can offer my thanks the thanks of Ham and Riggo - with an option for our eternal friendships - :lol:

also a link to something or someone you are affiliated with - and a shout out on the about us page -

finally the pride of being part of something larger than oneself... it would be archived... you could always lie on a resume and say you were my draft profile coordinator - :wink:

no committment but even to get on the site once - writeup is smart and preferably makes a case for itself -

ok i tellya what - if you are especially smart and clever and help you can have the privledge of maybe watching the draft in the real DD war room, located in parts unknown - it's a very private party but there will be scores strippers and celebrities there there so don't miss out.

thank you for reading - if you don't want to help, well i don't blame ya - you probably have a life -

again have a nice day

8)

just a clarify this is a general call for help - we just got Jerry who is doing a fantastic job and i was wondering if there are any others with a similar hidden talent and time to kill

tomSHane i should be helping you get this place set up - you let ME know if you need someone to throw together an impromtu home page

Bit....shout out to RSherry for his invaluable help...Once he came aboard, I thought of Jerry-- a pro car writer.

I'll work on getting some more help.

TS, has helped too...with his NFL player reports.

I'd love to help but unfortunately I don't really follow college football: I just read up and study on draft prospects.

Plus my writing style's a bit sloppy.

But hey, if you're looking for lots of shallow, poorly thought out and half-***ed opinions written poorly and in a long rambling style, I'm your boy, blue.

One request though:

more profiles!

Profiles are the crack cocaine of draft sites and your site is AMAZINGLY deep (the team need pages are awesome) but the dearth of profiles drives me to the $5 hookers at other draft sites. Guys like me who don't watch college football NEED those profiles to really understand the draft.

Maybe just some "quick hits" on most of the top 50 guys as placeholders, a paragraph each or something....

Oh, and adding workout/combine #s as reported to profiles would be pretty cool too.

My wish list (and I realize this would be an ***load of work and most of it won't happen)

1) Lots more profiles-- See above

2) Extended Big Board-- The big board is great: the blurbs are the right length and it's attractively presented and easy to go over. Extending it by another 10, 18, or if you guys want to be psycho 32 would be awesome as it would really be interesting to see how you guys stack the dominos of the 2nd tier players and read your takes.

3) Head to Head matchups-- It would be fascinating to read a GJ or R44 Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams or Matt Roth vs David Pollack article outlining how prospects at the same position are different and why one is superior to the other.

4) Hookers-- Duh.

5) Risers and Sliders-- Have the big board include the last ranking of a player along with an arrow indicating movement--- or just the arrow, Kiper style.

I realize you can't do all, most, or maybe even any of 'em, just wanted to throw it out there.

Oh and Riggo you might want to update the Pats needs.

WR is a MAJOR need with Brown and Patton gone, and it's not listed on the Pats needs,

Givens/Branch are an adequate top 2, but Bethel Johnson at #3 is a guy with immense talent who has been in BBs doghouse a lot. PK Sam is the #4 right now, and he's a sophmore who was on IR his entire rookie year, also got in BBs doghouse, and is rawer than the tuna rolls I had for lunch. Givens is a UFA after this season.

Our #5 WR is RB Kevin Faulk, or TE Ben Watson right now.

The Patriots pursuit of Derrick Mason is a clear indicator that they place this high up on the list of needs, as they should.

Thanks for the nice words RS, updating team needs is impossible....Kind of like putting out a warehouse fire with a kids play hose--moves happen too fast and too often...So we are just giving up :oops:

We probably made a mistake putting so much time into it...should just lested the needs by position--no explanation.

If you want to update it for us, using our format, feel free to do so and send it to Matt...

We could use 30 more posters like you.

By the way, if you look at the site closely, we do a ton of Pro stuff too, so help there could be used.

I know you wanted to help with the Pats needs, but I had already done the write up and didn't want to scrap it.

Any help is good...

Thanks for the nice words RS, updating team needs is impossible....Kind of like putting out a warehouse fire with a kids play hose--moves happen too fast and too often...So we are just giving up :oops:

We probably made a mistake putting so much time into it...should just lested the needs by position--no explanation.

If you want to update it for us, using our format, feel free to do so and send it to Matt...

I just sent one to Bitonti for Minny. I told him I'd send stuff sporatically and that I can't really offer a consistant source of material right now. I'm moving in a week so I don't have too much free time.

Archived