Joe Mauer wins AL MVP

CrazyCarl40

For real, how do some of these writers get the right to vote.

Remember the guy from Chicago that put Jeter last on the Ballot a few years ago when Morneau won. Francesa and Russo got him on the FAN once and berated him. The guy said he didn't vote Jeter higher because he didn't get to see him play enough, other then when he was playing vs. CHW.

Granted Jeter wouldn't have won anyways. But still, thats just ridiculous.

Mauer is crazy good. Seriously what he is doing as a catcher is unreal. Glad he won, he certainly deserved it.

Very true.

If an dlikely a big if he hits free agency, do you think he comes within range of A-Roid? I think he can easily get 200 million.

Very true.

If an dlikely a big if he hits free agency, do you think he comes within range of A-Roid? I think he can easily get 200 million.

Maybe if he moves to first. I think most teams would be hesitant to give a catcher that type of money considering the toll that position takes on the player.

Mauer deserves the MVP. One of the best seasons ever by a catcher.

best catcher of my lifetime

Pudge Rodrigez and Mike Piazza both have steroid clouds over them but were probably "Better" in their primes than Mauer...atleast Piazza was.

but Mauer is a freak of nature...one of the few guys i always keep my eye on when looking at stats

Archived