Yankees pitcher Wang enters free-agent market

JetNation

I really liked the kid. It's too bad he got sidetracked by injuries. Just another reason to hate the National League.

Yanks gave up on him way too easily IMO. I fear this move will come back to bite them.

Yanks gave up on him way too easily IMO. I fear this move will come back to bite them.

The guy had major shoulder surgery... what would it take? An arm amputation? If the Yankees want him back, they can have him at a reduced rate. Regardless, he's not going to be the same pitcher. Shoulder injuries ruin careers.

SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!

C'MON OMAR! He's better than almost all the rest of the starting "pitchers" the Mess have

+1

If the Mets FO are going to sit on their piles of money and refuse to make big name upgrades then they should be going the "high risk/high reward" route with guys like Wang. He won't command a ton of money but if he regains his old form he's a serious upgrade to that shaky rotation. Hell, they'd be better off with a guy like Damon over Bay while they're at it. Spacious park where Bay's power numbers will decrease (as will Damons) but at least Damon should be able to belt his share of doubles and triples with his speed.

Archived