So David Ortiz is finished

Matt39

I would say yes on the first statement.

And it remains to be seen on the second. I seriously doubt any member of RSN expected Ortiz to return to 2004-2005 form. Plus, Youk, VMart, Drew and Cameroon (lesser extent) are hitting well under their norms. If Youk and VMArt are hitting in the .250 range in June, the Sox are F'd.

I am more concerned with the D. That was reportedely the thought process behind the off-season moves and it appears to be their biggest weakness so far. At least 2 of their games turned on an error so far.

And it remains to be seen on the second. I seriously doubt any member of RSN expected Ortiz to return to 2004-2005 form. Plus, Youk, VMart, Drew and Cameroon (lesser extent) are hitting well under their norms. If Youk and VMArt are hitting in the .250 range in June, the Sox are F'd.

I am more concerned with the D. That was reportedely the thought process behind the off-season moves and it appears to be their biggest weakness so far. At least 2 of their games turned on an error so far.

When do you think the suicide watch light goes on for Francona? I know that you Sox fans thought you were going to roll off more titles...especially after the second one.

I haven't seen them much so far, who is hurting them defensively?

Also -- Ortiz came back and put up decent #s in the 2nd half last year. He will never be feared the same way again but he can still be a 90 RBI guy, or so he proved last year. Maybe he declined more which I would be ok with.

I haven't seen them much so far, who is hurting them defensively?

Also -- Ortiz came back and put up decent #s in the 2nd half last year. He will never be feared the same way again but he can still be a 90 RBI guy, or so he proved last year. Maybe he declined more which I would be ok with.

Lets put it this way, they have committed 8 errors so far. All 8 are fron their FA signings. :bag:

Archived