I feel to be a contender we need to win 3 of the first 4.

Jetkid94

Home vs ravens and pats

@miami and buffalo.

I think we really need to win at least 2 of those 3 division games. Also opening a new stadium on a monday night has got to be a win vs the ravens.

If we lost to the ravens and won the next 3 thats always good because its still 3-0 in the division. But if we drop to 2 afc losses and possibly 2 of those being in the division it could hurt us by january.

To be an elite team generally you have to win 3 out of every 4 games, although even then you're not one of the best teams in the league, you're just the 3rd or 4th best in your own conference.

The Jets should be looking to win 14-16 regular season games, to lock up a bye, preferably the top seed in the conference. You know the Colts will be winning in that range, and honestly the Pats probably think they can pull that off too.

To be an elite team generally you have to win 3 out of every 4 games, although even then you're not one of the best teams in the league, you're just the 3rd or 4th best in your own conference.

The Jets should be looking to win 14-16 regular season games, to lock up a bye, preferably the top seed in the conference. You know the Colts will be winning in that range, and honestly the Pats probably think they can pull that off too.

12-4 is rarely just 3rd or 4th best in the conference. Youre telling me that 2 or more division winners usually finish with a better record than 12-4? I doubt thats true.

12-4 is rarely just 3rd or 4th best in the conference. Youre telling me that 2 or more division winners usually finish with a better record than 12-4? I doubt thats true.

He's actually got a point. I just went here http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2009-REG&split=Overall and looked up past years and 2 or more division winners from both conferences have finished better then 12-4 a good amount of times in each season.

Home vs ravens and pats

@miami and buffalo.

I think we really need to win at least 2 of those 3 division games. Also opening a new stadium on a monday night has got to be a win vs the ravens.

If we lost to the ravens and won the next 3 thats always good because its still 3-0 in the division. But if we drop to 2 afc losses and possibly 2 of those being in the division it could hurt us by january.

The first two games are going to be tough to open the season. I'd like to see us get off to a quick start to the season but it will be tough.

He's actually got a point. I just went here http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2009-REG&split=Overall and looked up past years and 2 or more division winners from both conferences have finished better then 12-4 a good amount of times in each season.

Whatever, I would take 12-4... It would be the 1st time this decade now that we finish a season with more than 10 wins.

Archived